IGNORED

Conservatives Endorse Obama

immts007
Note: This thread is 5673 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Dude, then what exactly is the point you are trying to make? Because its getting very difficult to follow you. Pretty funny paraphrase of the star wars quote though!

I'll quote OWK again "what I told you was true... from a certain point of view.... you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

That's all I'm really saying, News from Fox is not automatically false and biased just as info from CBS, MSNBC, et al is not automatically false and biased. We can site times from both sides that show bias, but to dismiss Fox out of hand is not right. Last night AC360 lead with a story on how much Palin spends on dresses and make-up. Really, with a Great Depression on the horizon, Jo Biden's 5-6 terrotist attacks pending, the Stock Market and Retirement Funds bouncing all over the place and gas prices falling to their lowest in years, the most important thing on AC's mind is Sarah Palin's underwear, I mean dresses, give me a break. Those are the things that get Conservatives pointing to the CNNs and MSNBCs and screaming bias. Did he run a story on Michelle's Iranian Caviar and Lobster meals, if not, where's the balance. Neither story belongs on the News, they are fodder for Inside Edition and ET, but not for a program that is supposed to be giving us real News. The guy that interviewed Palin last night on AC360 admitted that if she had said what Biden said, the Media would have been all over her. At any rate, I enjoy a rational discussion of our opinions that are mostly irrational to everyone but ourselves, thanks for seeing the humor in my last post... jmoc

"Courage is fear holding on one minute longer." Gen. Geo. S. Patton, 5 June 1944

Grom Desert Camo
Dymo HL Driver and 5 Wood
GC Hybrids 3-5 i15 irons 6-pw Tour-W 50*, 54* and 58* wedges White Hot XG Hawk Freak Neo GPS

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Barak gets back from visiting all 57 states we are going to have a Halloween party.

He only went to the extra 7 states to help John McCain deliver bottled hot water to dehydrated babies. LOL

Driver: FT-5 9* Neutral
3 & 5 Wood: SuperSteel
Irons: ISI Beryllium Copper
Sand Wedge: Ben Hogan piece of
Putter: White Hot

I'm done with this thread. It's far off-topic and the best we can do seems to be petty insults, bad jokes, and general incivility. A simple-minded cartoon and dumb jokes do not pass for political discourse, nor do one-line zingers in retort.

And another thing, FWIW, that UCLA study of the media was authored by two very conservative former members of conservative think tanks who recieved substantial funding from the American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research (AEI), The Heritage Foundation, and the Hoover Institution on War, Revolution and Peace.

But there are well thought out critiques of their findings that go beyond pointing out their own possible 'bias'
http://www.brendan-nyhan.com/blog/20...oblems_wi.html

And no Michelle Obama's statement "For the first time in my adult life I feel proud of my country" isn't a disqualification for being a first lady. And it's not quite the same as saying "I've been embarassed". The active emotion of pride isn't one most of us feel for anything other than our children, or local communities very often. And she was making a rhetorical point and I understood exactly what she meant.

And back on topic and for my last thoughts on this, the only conservative I've ever been PROUD of decided to endorse Barack Obama yesterday when he filled out his California absentee ballot.

My 78 year old dad, who served his country during Korea and has never voted for anything but a Republican in his life, voted for a Democrat this time around.

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

That's all I'm really saying, News from Fox is not automatically false and biased just as info from CBS, MSNBC, et al is not automatically false and biased.

I actually agree with you, if what we are talking about is actual "news casts" I put sheppard smith on par with the rest in terms of actually trying to "do his job".

Unfortunately what most people think of when they think "fox news" is O'Reilley, Hannity, Coulter, Von Sustren, etc... and that's not news, it's commentary and it has a DECIDED bias and its not to the left.

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

Note: This thread is 5673 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!