IGNORED

Fractors in driver shaft

Deep Stuff
Note: This thread is 6584 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I noticed 2 small fractors in my driver shaft. It is a stock M.A.S. 2 on a Taylormade R 580 XD.

Because I am a bit out of my mind, I tried to see how deep they are but could not. I used the only magnifying glass I had but could not tell. I do not think they are breaking all the way through but am concerned that it may break on the course because of the weekened shaft and it may possibly causing my shots to be off (Well maybe that is a hopeful thought ).

But seriously, the little fractors or chips, should they be a concern? They are 8 and 9 1/2 cenitmeters from the end of the hossel (sorry could not find a american ruler). Both of them are in line with each other the closer slightly towards the face size.

Should I go out and buy an new Cleveland HiBore because of it? Maybe a G5? R7? FT-3? My fiance would have a fit but it was be cool to buy a new driver - lol.

I got engaged on November 19, 2005 to a lady who had bought me a Taylormade R580XD, Adams Irons a Calloway "MLB" bag, a Calloway Golf jacket (different holidays / birthdays / etc) and tells me I should "go play with the guys."

In the Bag
Driver: Taylormade R580 XD
3 & 4 Adams I-Wood 5-P: Adams A1Sa...

How old is your driver? you should be able to take it back to a pro shop and get a new one, they will call taylor made or talk to the local rep to ok the swap.

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

Alternatively, you could have it re-shafted for probably around a hundred bucks or so, depending on what shaft you chose.

Cheaper than buying a new driver, though not nearly as much fun...

"My swing is so bad I look like a caveman killing his lunch." ~Lee Trevino

Currently playing Maltby C.E.R. 701u

Build your own...Total cost of my complete set of golf clubs: 500 bucks.Beating a guy who sports a $2000 bag of : priceless.

I would take it back to where you bought it and let them know about it and they should honor it, or theyll send it back to Taylor Made and they will honor it. Did you just buy it?

Ive had a 454Ti from Callaway for about a year, just starting rattling in the head (maybe some epoxy came loose, who knows), anyway took it back to where I bought it and a week later Callaway sent me a brand new driver. I must have played 50 rounds with the other one. The point is even if its a bit old they still may honor it, doesnt hurt to try.
Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

They all like happy customers, if the club is not abused even if you've had it three or four years they will make it right.

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

• 2 weeks later...
3 times I`ve taken my driver back in as many years for broken faces . it is always replaced with a new one and a smile . good pr for them

cleveland Hibore xls 8.5* driver
Cleveland Hiborexls 13* 3 wood
Ping S 56
Nike oz putter

Note: This thread is 6584 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!