IGNORED

New Drivers cause hearing loss?

scottevans77
Note: This thread is 5596 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I wear hearing aids (and I'm only 39). When I go to the range I tend to turn them off. I do this more because it helps me concentrate a little more, but I guess it also helps with the sound from the modern drivers. My current driver is an older model, so I don't think it's as bad as the newer ones, though. I'm glad I do not own the original Sumo 2 - that thing made me wish I was deaf.

me too, been wearing them since i was 5 or 6. are yours digital? if so then they should act as a compressor as well, limiting loud sounds and the volume that is directed inside the ear so that they arent damaging.

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

LOL i have the original Sumo 2 and everyone always snaps their heads and looks at me when im teeing up or at the range.

I have the Sumo SQ and I get the same looks.

Weapons of Mass Destruction
* Driver - SQ Dymo - 10.5*
* Woods - SQ Dymo 3 Wood - 15*
* Irons - Black Pearl CG 7 - 4 thru PW
* Wedges - RAC Y-Cutter - 60* * Utility - Niblick - 42* & 56** Putter - YES Callie* Ball - E6*** Looking to buy a Niblick 49*

Note: This thread is 5596 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Partners

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    ShotScope
    The Stack System
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct: Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package.

Coupon Codes (save 10-15%): "IACAS" for Mevo/Stack, "IACASPLUS" for Mevo+/Pro Package, and "THESANDTRAP" for ShotScope.
  • Popular Now

• A sand trap is not supposed to have 3 inches of water in it. To me that’s temporary, casual water. Just like if your ball lands in a deep rain puddle in the middle of the fairway. I would have gladly hit out of any spot in that bunker. I understand that it’s a different rule. I just think it’s a dumb rule. You are penalized because it rained.  Here’s what I think is the dumbest rule in golf, and all sports for that matter - professionals playing for millions of dollars in a tournament have to carry around a little pencil and scorecard to keep their score and sign it, when there are big scoreboards all over the course and on tv. Can you imagine the Knicks losing because they didn’t count their score correctly? Like I said, I love the game, but it’s time to move into the 21st century already. 
    • Sorry to lose you, thx for letting us know 
    • I have to bow out for the weekend. I was only in for Saturday as it was
    • Could course committee have an MLR option to declare this bunker GUR? 
    • Sorry, I will disagree. You got a penalty because you hit it somewhere and didn't want to play it from there. Bunkers are not the general area. If you had hit it into temporary water in the general area, you'd be entitled to relief. You hit it into a hazard, a bunker. Why should you get free relief when you hit it into a bunker? If someone else hit it into a different part of the bunker, without water, they'd not get a drop for free out of the bunker. Heck, it'd cost them two strokes if they didn't have an ACC and wanted to drop it out of the bunker.

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...