IGNORED

how long are you??

wedge player
Note: This thread is 5574 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

frankly, i'm not concerned a bit with distance. i'm totally content to hit a 7-iron 150 yards if i know that it's going to fly at least in close proximity to where i want it. sure, it'd be cool to hit it 30 yards further, but it doesn't keep me up nights.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think this is what happens. When I saw a tournament, I was always looking to see what they were hitting. Then, I checked the score card for some yardages and realized they hit the ball pretty damn far. I've caddied for guys who hit 8 irons 160. I would hope that pros can easily hit it farther than that considering they're the best on earth. One of my friends hit a 7 iron 185 and an 8 iron 170. He went after the shots but hit the green both times. Pros can easily hit it much farther than we think.

HEY! I said don't shatter my ego!

No, I too, would also hope that these guys are long ... here's a perfect example in another sport ... I can throw a baseball 80 mph, and I can hit one 350 - 375 - If I am going to pay someone else to watch a sport that I like I want to see someone thowing in the upper 90's (with pin-point controll) and someone who can hit it over 450 ... I want to be awe-inspired when I see a professional doing their job ...
In my Bag:

Driver: Burner 10.5* Stiff shaft
3 WoodBurner 15* stiff shaft
5 WoodBurner 18* stiff ShaftHybrid3DX (18.5*)Irons: (4-LW):Putter: Rossa Indy SportBalls: Reds

driver-250/260
3 wood-220 in the sim
5 wood- 210
3 hybrid- 200
4 iron- 180
5-170
6-160
7-150
8-140
9-130
pw-120
gw-110
sw-90
lw-70
this is all irrealevent because i am 13 and have grown 2 inches gained 20 pounds and gained a lot of muscle since last round of golf i have been doing lots of working out so i hope to be 265/270 of the driver with and extra 10 yards on the irons i am 5'8 150 with a 103 mph ss but those yard's were off the 95 mph ss i had last season i am really hoping that 8 more mph will get me ten more yards

driver. taylormade tour burner tp ust avixcore tour green 75 x
3 wood 909 f3 13* voodo xnv8
3 hybrid adams idea pro vs proto 95x
irons 3 no 4 5-pw nike cci forged blades
gap wedge nike sv tour blacksand wedge cg14 56* 14flopadopolous vokey spin milled 64 7putter scotty cameron classics newport...

Note: This thread is 5574 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!