IGNORED

boycott michael phelps

ganjagolfer
Note: This thread is 5570 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

As a parent of 2 boys who know who Phelps is and admire what he did at the Olympics, I'm a little disappointed. But as a guy who smoked a fair amount of weed myself when I was young, I can't hold it against him. Hypocritical, I know, but such is life.

imo, folks need to find role models for their kids other than athletes. not that some athletes are great well-rounded persons who bring a wonderful soul essence to their life and community but this automatically because they are bigger and stronger and faster than other people, they are role models for are kids is dumb. how about doctors, scientists, humanitarians, firemen and firewomen, folks who make great sacrifice to their community, these are the people that should be touted as role-models?

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

Whoa, there's a BEER in the photo too! What a scandal!

beer is ok since its not a performance enhancer

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

imo, folks need to find role models for their kids other than athletes. not that some athletes are great well-rounded persons who bring a wonderful soul essence to their life and community but this automatically because they are bigger and stronger and faster than other people, they are role models for are kids is dumb. how about doctors, scientists, humanitarians, firemen and firewomen, folks who make great sacrifice to their community, these are the people that should be touted as role-models?

I agree, but I didn't say Phelps is someone I pointed out as a role model to my kids. I said they know who he is because they saw what he did at the Olympics and they thought it (and he) was cool. Do they look up to him because of his athletic accomplishments? Sure. Does that mean he is their role model? No. Hopefully their mother and I are their biggest role models, not athletes, musicians, doctors, lawyers, etc. because we are the ones who set the examples for them and raise them to the best of our ability. We don't depend on others for that.

In myBagBoy Revolver: HiBore XL 10.5° ⢠HiBore 3W ⢠Halo 2i, 3i & 4i
MX900 5-PW ⢠MP-R 52-07° & 58-10° ⢠Studio Select Squareback 1

Carl Spackler: This is a hybrid. This is a cross of Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia. The amazing stuff...

Well its only a bit of weed........not really a big deal. Do you really care, do you think all the little kiddies in the world will start speedballing in the morning....

Nah....if anything he deserves a puff...I mean the strees he was under to get all 8 must have been hard going... Let him relax he did you all proud at a poor olympics for you..

Felt bad for kids who looks up to him.

Phelps just got mixed up with the wrong crowd and needs to make better choices with the crowd he hangs out with and smokes pot with.

I heard the cops raided the house where the picture was taken and apparently the home owner was trying to sell the pipe on ebay.
Driver: 08 Speed LD F 10.5*
Hybrids: A3OS Boxer 3H(19*) A3OS Boxer 4H(22*)
Irons: (4-AW) Victory Red Full Cavity Irons
Wedges: VR PW 45*, VR AW 50*, SV Tour Black 56*, SV Tour Black 60*
Putter: Unitized TiempoBag: Sasquatch Tour Stand/Carry Bag (Victory Red/Gray)Shoes: Air Tour SpectatorBalls: D2...

This is the greatest thing in the world right now. Phelps just gave hope to all the pot heads in the world that they can still be great at something other than video games. We all need a little inspiration.

Whats in the bag?
909 D3 8.5* UST Mamiya Tour Green X
909 F3 13* UST ATTAS X
909 F3 18* UST ATTAS X
909 H 21* DG S300 735cm chrome 5-PW DG S300 54.08 SM 58.04 SM 64.07 SM Studio Select Newport 2 Sonic Blue Dot...

I like him better now than I did before.

In the bag:

Irons X20 5-SW
Hybrids Slingshot 20* and 23*
Fairway Wood SasQuatch 15* Rescue:18* Perfect Plus (Don't laugh! I fairway people to death with that thing!)Putter Dual Force 550 Proudly, I hit no Driver. Who needs it?

+1 It was a private party, he is a grown man. He knows the consequences. Here's a question for you, would you prefer your teen son/daughter to smoke pot or Tobacco? Curious to the answers to this one...
Next time they give you all that civic bullshit about voting, keep in mind that Hitler was elected in a full, free democratic election- George Carlin

In the Hoofer bag:
10.5* Redline RPM G5 16* G5 19* G5 22* MX 200, 4-6, MP-52 7-W Vokey 50*, Vokey SM 54*, 58* G5i flatstick IGNITE ball

He is so much better than the competition I was starting to wonder if he was a human being or an alien. I'm not put off by him smoking weed at all. He just needs to be more careful in the future.

Note: This thread is 5570 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!