IGNORED

How cold do you go?

Mr3Putt
Note: This thread is 5483 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Generally 50* is my limit, without rain. On the rare occassion I have found myself on the course in implorable conditions, where the course is pretty much empty, I dont keep score, instead taking the opportunity to hit several shots from the same spots and practice on ball flight, shaping shots, etc. I love having the time to play like that for the entire 18 holes, some of the best practice you can get.
Next time they give you all that civic bullshit about voting, keep in mind that Hitler was elected in a full, free democratic election- George Carlin

In the Hoofer bag:
10.5* Redline RPM G5 16* G5 19* G5 22* MX 200, 4-6, MP-52 7-W Vokey 50*, Vokey SM 54*, 58* G5i flatstick IGNITE ball

I've gone to the driving range at -15C, but that's because no courses are open in the winter in Canada.
WITB - New For 2009!!!
||.........GTX Stand Bag......................||
||.................Sumo SQ2 5900 10.5.............||
||.................Sasquatch Sumo 4W..............||
||.........MX-200 3I - PW.....................||||.............Vokey SM 50,56,60 Wedges...||||.................Unitized...

The guy is usually play with, and myself, ventured out one morning it was 25, and the high was going to be around 30.

I parred the first 3 holes, but he didn't dress warm enough and thought he was getting frostbite (probably would have).

So we left....

Sumo 5000 10.5 Aldila NV 65-X Driver
PC-III 4-SW irons
Custom Putter
Pro-V1 Balls

im heading down to washington and its supposed to snow/rain both days im there, its gonna be under 32* fareinheight should i play 36 holes on saturday then 36 holes sunday like i was planning too?

Man after reading some of these post I feel like a big sissy. I usually dont play if its below 50. And I really dont like to play when its below 55 and windy but that still allows me to play 3 or 4 times a week all winter long. If it gets cold here it will get into the 30s for a day or two then warm back up. I guess I would change my tune if it stayed colder throughout the winter but I truly cant imagine playing in the 30s......yall are tough as nails.

909 D3 with Diamana White X
909 F3 15degree with Aldila Vodoo
ZM Forged 2-PW
Voley 56 and 60
Studio Newport 1.5 PRo V1X

Dude I'm from just across the lake from you and if it would either stop raining or snowing long enough to get out, I would! I'm not a professed cold weather nut but however I've played in temps you just described and I am a golf freak as my mothe in law calls me and I would have played in those temps too, sh@t! why not?

Mizuno mp 630 9.5 Mitsubishi Fubuki stiff
Taylormade R7 RE*AX 55g Stiff
Taylomade Rescue mid 19* Light metals 95g
Mizuno MX25 4 -52*Gap True Temper Dynalite S/L
Mizuno MP-T 56* / 60*Odyssey White Hot Tour # 1

I grew up in Florida. I used to have a 60*/90* rule. I wouldn't play above or below those numbers. Now for hot weather, I have no limit. For cold it depends on the sun. I'd say 40* is minimum if the sun is shining.

Hah, welcome to it then! 40 ya say not likley to see it for another 4 weeks or so I bet this winter is just killen ya idden it, what ya doin up her any way what are ya crazy.

Mizuno mp 630 9.5 Mitsubishi Fubuki stiff
Taylormade R7 RE*AX 55g Stiff
Taylomade Rescue mid 19* Light metals 95g
Mizuno MX25 4 -52*Gap True Temper Dynalite S/L
Mizuno MP-T 56* / 60*Odyssey White Hot Tour # 1

I will venture out in 40 degree weather in the morning if it's supposed to warm up quickly into the 50's. If the day's high is only supposed to be 50, count me out. I don't play golf if the elements won't allow me to enjoy it.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

• 2 months later...
Was going to start a new thread, but then found this one...

I played in 3 Celcius (37 F) on Sunday morning. Was 1 over through 5. Then the blizzard came. By the 9th green, I was putting through an inch of snow, causing my ball to careen all over the place...

Still shot 41 after I bogeyed out during the blizzard!

Driver: TM TP460
3W: TM Burner Superfast

5W: TM Burner Superfast
4-9: TM MC
48: CG14
52: Nike VR

56: CG16

Putter: Ping Gnome

Up here, we play till the snow flies..

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

During college days we played till Mid November .. I remember many 20 - 30 degree days playing.

Played in a tournament in college once at Saginaw Valley State, it was late october I think, when we got to the course it was about 40, windy, and cloudy. It started to rain sideways on the first tee. I then saw an umbrella race across the fairway unattended.

By the 5th hole the rain turned to sleet.

By the 9th hole I was putting through a light layer of snow.

By the 18th hole it was sunny, no wind, and about 45 degrees.

Shot 81 that day, low for the day was 78 by anybody on the course.

Next day, 65 degrees and sunny. Shot 75. LOL.

Sean

What's in the bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11S 9 degree.  Set to upright 8 degree.  Aldila RIP Alpha 60s X flex shaft.

3 wood: TaylorMade 13 degree RocketBallz (coming shortly).. X Flex Matrix X Conn.

Hybrids: 2iron / 4iron Taylor Burner Rescue.

Irons: 5 - PW 2008 Model Year Titleist AP2

Wedges: 49*, 54* 60* Cleveland 588 Rusties.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi Long.

Balls: Titleist Pro VX

Bag: Titleist Black / Red Staff

If its a sunny day and the wind is low, ill play into the low 30's. Mid 40's is as low as i will go on an overcast or windy day.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Note: This thread is 5483 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!