IGNORED

You should just quit - and so should I

AbsoluteZero
Note: This thread is 5524 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What keeps you playing? If you are a single digit hcp, I understand why you play. If you are like me, or even worse, why are you playing? Do you really feel like Golf is the best return on your "hobby" investment?

dude you're EXTREMELY close to being a single digit HC. I get frustrated. I was an 8, and then shot up to a 9 in 3 rounds. as inconsistent as I am, some days I shoot like a 7, then other days I shoot like a 15.

I play for the joy of it. being out there..you the ball, the course and the clubs. it's the most mentally trying sport that I've ever played. but when you hit that perfect shot that cuts, draws, knocks down and you're within 8 feet for a bird....that's a feeling that keeps me coming back when i slam the crap out of the ball and i'm 30...sometimes 50 yards ahead of the ppl i'm playing with..that's why i play when scratch golfers that are 14 slam their ball 320 down the center of the fairway and hit perfect 9 irons that go about 160 on 1 hole...but then make their 8 iron go about 140 with a different trajectory on another... wanting to do what they just did...makes me keep playing.. hitting a 3 iron pure..keeps me going... as far as seeing a "hacker" on the course.... I just try to remember that my swing can be inconsistent at times... there's times where I hit a drive so poorly and off plane, that it goes about 200 yards and then hooks for about 40... there's times where i chunk the shot or hit it thin..... we were all once beginners.... hopefully we all have the passion to one day be scratch or better... my goal this year is to be a CONSISTENT 5
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

dude you're EXTREMELY close to being a single digit HC. I get frustrated. I was an 8, and then shot up to a 9 in 3 rounds. as inconsistent as I am, some days I shoot like a 7, then other days I shoot like a 15.

I like to get through this by having a selective memory.When you're a 28 then you have to,man you have a 13 handicap hardly disastrous.I remember the great shots because that's my potential and forget the spade shots.

I approach practice the same way because that's going to be my swing sooner or later when I hit them great most of the time.Every mistake is a chance to learn not to repeat it.

There's no discipline whether it's work,sport,learning a language,global credit crunch that will defeat me.It's part of life,but there's no shame in quitting something if you find that it's not benefitting you anymore.

That's a question you have to seriously ask yourself?

"Repetition is the chariot of genius"

Driver: BENROSS VX PROTO 10.5
Woods: BENROSS QUAD SPEED FAIRWAY 15"
Hybrids:BENROSS 3G 17" BENROSSV5 Escape 20"
Irons: :wilson: DEEP RED Fluid Feel  4-SW
Putter: BENROSS PURE RED
Balls: :wilsonstaff:  Ti DNA

Note: This thread is 5524 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!