IGNORED

Callaway HX "Hot"

Note: This thread is 6586 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Holy cow this thing is long. Maybe too long in fact: I pulled my drive on 6 into a marsh that I've never been able to reach from the tee box, but that's a whole 'nother story

On the other hand, with a light tail wind and very hard/dry fairways, I was nearly pin high and just to the left of the green on a 340 yard par 4

I'm probably 20 yards longer - on average - with this ball than I was with my old cheapo Nike Power Soft; however, I'm not sure yet whether I can get used to the feel of it around the greens (sadly reminiscent, to me anyway, of the old Top Flites...).

Has anyone else played this ball? If so, what are your thoughts? One thing: I've decided I definitely need to toss the "soft" low compression old guys' balls I've been hitting and find something more responsive off the tee. I still have a pretty hard/fast swing for a guy my age. I'm NOT paying 40 bucks a dozen for Pro V1s or Nike Platinums, though, so this may be a good compromise for me.

"My swing is so bad I look like a caveman killing his lunch." ~Lee Trevino

Currently playing Maltby C.E.R. 701u

Build your own...Total cost of my complete set of golf clubs: 500 bucks.Beating a guy who sports a $2000 bag of : priceless.

You may wish to try the Titleist NXT Tour. It has a low compression, and it is softer around the green than the non Tour NXT, the DT Solo, as well as the HX Hot ( IMHO ). I have a slower swing speed than many fellows, but I can get the NXT Tour out there as well as a harder distance ball with the added benefit of a softer feel around the green. Good luck.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

Note: This thread is 6586 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!