IGNORED

Yeah, I am bragging....

Dr_Fu_Manchu
Note: This thread is 5519 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Today was gorgeous. 70ish with a mild breeze so I decided to knock off work early hit the range and catch the Master's coverage.

Anyway, I got to the range and it was packed! I guess everyone had the same idea. I found a place and started warming up hitting wedge shots. Then I moved to my 7i and stroking it, I mean, just nailing it right at the 160 flag. Just then I heard a father talking to his two kids behind me (its spring break) and I hear one of the kids say, "the man in the blue shirt?" He says, "yeah, watch him"

As I mentioned, the range was packed and of all the people there he had his kids watch me. As a high handicapper nothing felt better.

Of course, that's par for the course with me, one the range I look great, it's the course where it all falls apart. Nonetheless, it was the confidence boost that I needed.

it feels good ,,but it is sooo fleeting.

I went to the range one day and started testing the new driver, put a ball down and boom down the middle well over the 250 marker, I overhear a guy behind me on a cell phone says"this guy just walked up to the tee and hammered his first ball into the woods, thats gotta be 330 yds or more" then another, another another just couldnt screw up. Then he and 3 other guys start watching me. I turn around and ask one of them.." can you guys see where this ball carries to?"(my vision is no good beyond 250)

I bend over put the ball on a tee and hit a low laser 3 feet off the ground directly into the ball retriever.BOOOM plast and paint flew everywhere!!! guy wasnt hurt it hit the fenders. they all starter laughing their ass off. I couldnt swing for 10 minutes, laughed so hard my stomach hurt. then went back to punding the balls ....went to the course and topped my first drive. YES!

Had a similar thing happen to me. I'm trying out my new driver and two guy are in the stall in front of me. They run out of balls and stand around and chat for a while. I had a feeling they were watching me, but didn't pay too much attention to it. I am in a groove and pounding away.
Suddenly I mishit on the heel, so I start going through my motions slowly. Doing a backswing in slow motion up to the top, down to impact, back up and so on.. checking my movements. Then I see one of the guys walk back up to the stall and doing the exact same thing. He's checking his arms, his club position, going up, back down, back up.
I hit again and then this guy runs out to grab one of the balls from the grass. He goes through his routine again and hits the ball. It turns out to be quite a skull. Then I hear him mumble: "Hmmm.. it's harder than it looks." and they both walk away.

That cracked me up inside, but on the other hand I thought it was smart of him to learn from others and mimic their motions, though I don't know if I'm the guy you want to mimic. :)

Today was gorgeous. 70ish with a mild breeze so I decided to knock off work early hit the range and catch the Master's coverage.

LOL, many times I play my best golf on the range and internet

Note: This thread is 5519 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!