IGNORED

Talent.....Wasted

shakogolfer78
Note: This thread is 5504 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just got back from a varstiy tournament with 22 teams in Monticello. I played the worst round I have had since my freshmen year (senior now). The course wasn't toobad, but the greens felt unplayable. On my first hole I missed the green five feet to the right, and I landed my pitch two feet on the green and it managed to roll into the collar 30 feet away. Another hole me and my partner were in a similar position on the fringe, and I decided to use my L wedge and almost holed it but after it stopped I had over 20 feet left. Then my partner left it short and went to mark it when it starting rolling again right off the green a good 25 feet from where it originally stopped. After the round was over our team our worst match ever, and out of six only one managed under 36 putts (35). Looking back I was very dissapointed with my round because I want to break 80 consistently, but I just keep posting bad rounds in the begining of the year. Long story made short, I played great on spring break in Fl, but I seem to be slipping in the wrong direction and I want to move forward and play my best golf my senior year not my worst any suggestions.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't really know what to tell you... we all have bad rounds and we all play courses that just don't fit our eye or are in poor conditions.

Best thing you can do is forget about it, dwelling on past performance won't help. Next time out play each shot for what it is... ONE shot, and know that you will hit it well. Positive thinking is HUGE in golf. Also, practice, practice, practice... especially your short game.

good luck
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Don't feel bad. I have my worst round pretty much every time I go out to play

And I still have fun

DRIVER∙∙∙∙∙∙ G10 10.5°
5-WOOD∙∙∙∙ G10 18.5°
3-HYBRID∙∙ G10 21°
IRONS∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙ G10 4-PW
WEDGES∙∙∙∙ CG 14 52°, 56°, 60°PUTTER∙∙∙∙∙∙ Studio Select Newport 2BALL∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙ Nike One Black

Just got back from a varstiy tournament with 22 teams in Monticello. I played the worst round I have had since my freshmen year (senior now). The course wasn't toobad, but the greens felt unplayable. On my first hole I missed the green five feet to the right, and I landed my pitch two feet on the green and it managed to roll into the collar 30 feet away. Another hole me and my partner were in a similar position on the fringe, and I decided to use my L wedge and almost holed it but after it stopped I had over 20 feet left. Then my partner left it short and went to mark it when it starting rolling again right off the green a good 25 feet from where it originally stopped. After the round was over our team our worst match ever, and out of six only one managed under 36 putts (35). Looking back I was very dissapointed with my round because I want to break 80 consistently, but I just keep posting bad rounds in the begining of the year. Long story made short, I played great on spring break in Fl, but I seem to be slipping in the wrong direction and I want to move forward and play my best golf my senior year not my worst any suggestions.

I play acourse like this(but sometimes worse with the rollout on chips and putts) all the time. It is so depressing when what you think is a great chip ends up 30-40 ft away.

In My Hank Haney IJGA Bag
Driver: FT Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila Voodoo Stiff
3 Wood: i15 15.5 w/ avixcore red stiff
Hybrids: Rescue 09 19, 22 w/ fujikara fit on stiff
Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

What course was this? I'd like to avoid it if I can.

Don't sweat it though, like many have already said rounds like this will come and go. Case in point, I played 54 holes on Wednesday. Started the morning with an 81. Nothing went right, I couldn't hit fairways, I couldn't hit greens, I couldn't get up and down, I couldn't make puts, and so on. I carded a 71 on my next go around, then a 68. It was like night and day. I started the day so frustrated that I just wanted to go home, by the end of the day I was disappointed that we ran out of light and I couldn't play another 18.

Interesting game isn't it?

Yonex Ezone Type 380 | Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro | Miura 1957 Irons | Yururi Wedges | Scotty Cameron Super Rat | TaylorMade Penta

Note: This thread is 5504 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!