IGNORED

tournament tomorrow!!

pshizz
Note: This thread is 5504 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Im playing in a tournament tomorrow! First one of the year, i am really excited and hope to do well. What i need is a good first hole, this i believe will get me off on the right foot and help me play better/give me the confidance. I tend to get really nervous on the first tee, and was wondering what advice you would give me! Thanks guys, i figure this is the place to ask given that everybody here is full of knowledge and encouraging!

alright bro heres the key. Don't wrap your mind too much around being a tournament and that every shot counts. Just go out there like your playing a practice round with buddies. All shots still count, but it won't get you quite as nervous as you would if you keep thinking "every shot is so important." even though it is, don't think about it.

Try and get yourself in a good mood. Joke around between shots if you want. It doesn't have to be so serious. But, once you have to hit, go through your normal routine and focus. I think that amatuers use all their energy to focus throughout the whole round, for 4 hours+. That just gets them really tired out and finding themselves getting madder at their mishits. Try and focus on each shot, and calm down in between.

Beforehand, try and eat some protein/potassium to keep your energy and help with hydration. A good meal would be some meat (chicken/fish) and a banana. Be sure to drink water regularly throughout the round, but don't drink too much at once, as it will give you a cramp/uneasy feeling.

Hope you do good!

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

Have fun, relax and enjoy yourself. If your still nervous, visualize everybody in their underwear on the first tee.

Don't worry everybody gets a little nervous it a good experience to control the nerves and keep under control.

Good luck tomorrow.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

There is a tendency on the first tee/when you get nervous to hit a shot which isnt your normal ballflight helps to know this shot.

p.s. the tournament is way more low key than the tryouts

Note: This thread is 5504 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!