IGNORED

Went out ball shopping to find the best ball for elevation...

rckwd
Note: This thread is 5494 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My Sportshop carries small bags of 2nd hit ball.

In the bag I obtained the following:
  1. Titlest Tour
  2. TaylorMade Red
  3. TaylorMade Black
  4. Callaway HXTour
  5. Callaway Big Bertha
  6. Nike DBL C Tour
  7. Pinnacle Gold FX
I also bought a box of Burner TP just to try against the other brands

What ball do you think will give me the best elevation?

First of all, that's really cool that they do that. It'd be nice to buy 3 ball sleeves of different ones you're interested in.

As far as trying them out, I've always been told to start from the green and work your way back to the tee. So start with putting and then move to chipping, approach and drive.

Kevin

-------
In the Bag
Driver: G15 9.0*3 & 5 Wood: BurnerHybrid: Pro Gold 20*; 23*Irons: MP-58 (5-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52*8; 56*14Putter: Newport 2.0 33"Balls: NXT

Ive hit some of those balls, here is what i thought of them.

Titlest Tour / Nike DBL C Tour
Ive never heard of these balls...

TaylorMade Red
a bit spinny and it seems like it flys well. Seems like a mid trajectory players ball. Its hard to compress, though.

TaylorMade Black
It flys pretty high, but i dont think this one is what youre looking for. Harder to compress that the red is.

Callaway HXTour / Callaway Big Bertha
I dont have much experience with the callaway lines..

Pinnacle Gold FX
Hard as a rock distance ball. Long drive competetors use these.

Of what i have expereince with, the TM black would be best, but dont think its the one youre looking for. Bridgestone makes a e5 ball that goes really high.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

First of all, that's really cool that they do that. It'd be nice to buy 3 ball sleeves of different ones you're interested in.

But my only problem has been getting off the tee with elevation.

Ive hit some of those balls, here is what i thought of them.

Pinnacle Gold FX

Hard as a rock distance ball. Long drive competetors use these. I have ton of these.... But in my expeience these fly low...I am trying to get something to fly high..

Hey Kevin....right now I am trying to find a ball that suites my driver.....

I understand your concept but I am trying to overcome this one hole... I have always been a fairly to nothing short gamer..(in other words, I don't worry about it.....I can knock a mosquitoes out of the air at 70% of the time....(ego talking)...Its just these couple of holes that I cant get elevations for a couple of holes on my driver that is killing me.

Have you tried a Titleist DT Carry?

In myBagBoy Revolver: HiBore XL 10.5° ⢠HiBore 3W ⢠Halo 2i, 3i & 4i
MX900 5-PW ⢠MP-R 52-07° & 58-10° ⢠Studio Select Squareback 1

Carl Spackler: This is a hybrid. This is a cross of Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia. The amazing stuff...

The description on the box for Nike Karmas makes it sound like you can eat a tuna sandwich while you're waiting for the ball to come down. I'm not sure how true it is, but I'd give a sleeve a try. A dozen runs about 22 bucks.

It sounds like the ant hill is ruining your life! What course is that on? I'm going to Atlanta next week just to play (actually to see friends, but the golf is what makes it worthwhile).

Ben Hogan is my swing coach.

Driver: Burner TP
3 & 5 Woods: No-name
3H:No-name4i-PW: MP-32...unapologetically...You should try blades, too56*: CG12Putter: Spider

I would try the Titleist DT Carry

What's In My Bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11s 9* w/ Fujikura Motore F1
3 Wood: TaylorMade R11s w/ Mitsubishi Fubuki 
Irons: Taylormade R11
Wedges: Titleist SM4 Vokey 52.08, 56.11, 60.04 
Putter: Odyssey Metal-X #9
Ball: Taylormade Penta TP5

It looks like you are primarily looking at premium balls. Most of those are probably not going to help too much as they are not designed to give you that extra lift that you need. They are designed to be a more 'controlled' trajectory. Here's some more balls to try:

Callaway HX Hot - it's designed for more ball speed and has lower compression for higher flight.

Wilson Zip - One of the truly underpriced balls on the market. It's a nice 3 piece ball that has a good feel and the pan-head dimples are designed for a higher flight.

Bridgestone - B330 RX - This might be your best choice in the 'premium' ball category as it has a lower compression which should result in more height. You can also try the e6+, whcih is a 3 piece designed to ball speed and higher flight (e7+ is designed for lower ball flight).
Driver: SQ DYMO STR8-Fit
4 Wood: SQ DYMO
2H (17*), 4H (23*) & 5H (26*): Fli-Hi CLK
Irons (5-6): MX-900; (7-PW): MP-60
Wedges (51/6*): MP-T Chrome; (56/13): MP-R ChromePutter: White Hot XG 2-Ball CSPreferred Ball: e5+/e7+/B330-RXGPS Unit: NEOPush Cart: 2.0

The description on the box for Nike Karmas makes it sound like you can eat a tuna sandwich while you're waiting for the ball to come down. I'm not sure how true it is, but I'd give a sleeve a try. A dozen runs about 22 bucks.

That dry...I mean that long!!! Thanks bud

It looks like you are primarily looking at premium balls. Most of those are probably not going to help too much as they are not designed to give you that extra lift that you need. They are designed to be a more 'controlled' trajectory. Here's some more balls to try:

I have a Callaway HX Tour in my hand right now,,,is this the same ball?...I bought a bunch of those

.... What course is that on? I'm going to Atlanta next week just to play (actually to see friends, but the golf is what makes it worthwhile).

The course I played last week is called "The Pines"...here is a couple shot of the course:

I have a Callaway HX Tour in my hand right now,,,is this the same ball?...I bought a bunch of those

No, the HX Hot is a different ball - it's a harder covered ball (not urethane like the Tour ball). It's the one in the orange and black box.

Driver: SQ DYMO STR8-Fit
4 Wood: SQ DYMO
2H (17*), 4H (23*) & 5H (26*): Fli-Hi CLK
Irons (5-6): MX-900; (7-PW): MP-60
Wedges (51/6*): MP-T Chrome; (56/13): MP-R ChromePutter: White Hot XG 2-Ball CSPreferred Ball: e5+/e7+/B330-RXGPS Unit: NEOPush Cart: 2.0

DT Carry is what you want. With only 252 (very large) dimples, it really grabs the air. I love the way the Pro V1 plays around and on the greens, but the DT Carry is my favorite ball off the tee, awesome trajectory, and only $20/doz.
In my blue & white Omega V Bag:

Irons - MX-200 Irons
Wedges - CG15 56˚ & 60˚
Hybrid - Burner 33 Metal - Tour Burner 15˚Driver - R9 460 10.5˚Putter - White Hot XG 2-Ball SRTBall - Pro V1

Right now I'm playing the Srixon Z-star. It is comparable to the Pro V1, but I like it better. It is soft to putt and chip with, but it still goes plenty far. Personally, I hate Callaway and Nike balls because they feel like rocks.

My swing thoughts:

- Negative thinking hurts more than negative swinging.
- I let my swing balance me.
- Full extension back and through to the target. - I swing under not around my body. - My club must not twist in my swing. - Keep a soft left knee

Note: This thread is 5494 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!