IGNORED

uPro: A believer of it's awesomeness and small "other" review.

Note: This thread is 5468 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ok, the past few days I have been toying with the idea of getting a GPS rangefinder.

As we all know there are tons and tons of different reviews out there... uPro versus SkyCaddie amongst other ones such as Sonocaddie (from the top of my head) etc.

I do know (in my opinions) the top of the line or well known ones would be the SkyCaddie. Several months ago, uPro made a debut and well it's seemed a bit shady but it introduced a new way of "range finding."

For those debating between the two devices, let's just say, TODAY, you can't go wrong with both. I stress "TODAY" because back then uPro was still very iffy.

For those who wants to know the common questions asked about uPro pitted against a SkyCaddie SG5, here is a post from here that is well worth a look over.

I won't go through another review of this but I will point out the little things that are not really mentioned that I thought people should know.

GOODIES
1. SkyCaddie definitely has all the goodies wrapped up in one bundle.
a. A nice well made carrying case (not pocket size).
b. Car Charger
c. Wall Charger
d. Screen protector (one that you apply)
e. Leather Case
f. Belt Clip
g. Cable

The uPro only comes with a wall charger and cable. Crazy right! I was a bit disappointed of all the goodies that it didn't come with and what I had to part with when I returned the SG5. Of course, I did buy the protective cover and soft case for the uPro. I figured while it's going to reside in my pockets or in the cup holder of the carts, the protective cover should do the trick. While not in use (or in use), you can use the soft case to store it in. The belt clip would probably be nice but it doesn't really have any protection.

TIP: You can't use the protective cover with the belt clip . You can use it with the soft case .

DURABILITY
Between the two devices, the SG5 felt well made. I mean it was sturdy and felt manly. If you had to compare it to a cell phone, imagine a cell phone from nextel (the walkie talkie) ones or if that doesn't work, imagine when cell phones first came out, big and clunky.

The uPro on the other hand...felt like a cellphone of today. Small, packed with features and if you drop it, expect something to go haywire or break.

That doesn't mean that the uPro is flimsy... it's just small and petite.

The size of the uPro worked for me because when I was switching clubs in and out of my bag, the great thing was being able to hold the uPro (without feeling I was going to drop it), in other words, I had both hands full but still managed to hold onto the device.

With the SG5, it's a bit bulky whereby you need to put it down before using two hands for anything...or you can risk dropping it when your pinky starts to strain when the SG5 is hanging from it.

I'm sure there are people out there that can possibly hold the SG5 and still do things with both hands but my point is that the uPro is so small that you barely notice it in your hands.

I think the better analogy is (hearing it from other reviews), you can put the uPro in your pocket and you won't be bothered by it when taking a swing (nevermind notice it's in there).

Features
Read the other reviews here regarding the features.

I can tell you one thing which I want to mention. People talk about the intelligreen feature on the SG5 and how it orients with you depending on where you are, we'll let's just say this, Looking at an overhead view of the green with the uPro, it does tell you where you are with respects to the green and even measure exact distances from certain points.

I will stress this, "Any point" technology is just simply AWESOME! A red dot that moves with you. Enough of that. Just cool!

The overhead flyovers....OVER RATED! Showoff to your friends. That's why it's there.

Other than that, the uPro device is definitely top notch. Hope this further helps others.

In my Edge and Atlas bag:
driver: FT-iQ 9R and Taylormade R9 460 10.5 R
wood: 5 Wood FT-iQ Neutral
hybrid(s): 3 Burner
irons: x22 3-PWwedges: Black Nickel Vokey 52/8, 56/11 & Oil Can 60/7 and Callaway x-Forge 56putter: Studio Style Newport 2 33" and Sabretooth 33"GPS RangeFinder: uPRORangeFinder....

Note: This thread is 5468 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!