IGNORED

2 birdies today!!!

Golfaway
Note: This thread is 5473 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1st a chip-in-charge (from outside) on a par 3, the other a short putt on a par 4.

3 or 4 more pars, the rest bogeys and double bogeys.
My achievements:
Eagles: 0
Birdies: 18
Best Round: 89

I still can't believe it till now.
I scored TWO birdies today!! Before today, I had scored only 2 birdies since I started playing golf, but today I scored two birdies, and with only one hole apart!!

On the par 4 8th, I hit a good tee shot (I use my trust-worthy 5 wood for tee shots. Not great distance but as always said: 200 yards in the fairway better than 250 in the woods)followed by an even better 5 iron shot for a GIR. I follow that by a nice put for birdie.

On the par 3 10th I missed the green from the tee shot, and when I played the chip shot, I topped it so it went bullet like, hit the bunker's wall and up on the green dangling towards the hole, making the break, and IN!!!

Then on the 11th I hit a not so good tee shot, but I make up for it by an amazing 4 iron that sends me into the green bunker. But I blew the hole as bunker shots are my enemy, finished for a double bogey on that one.

On the 12th, I make another GIR with a very tough 2nd shot (9 iron) that had to make it over a palm tree across a dogleg left and I do it, but I 4-putt!!
Don't you just HATE IT when your putter betrays you???

A good round all in all. 2 birdies, 4 pars and the rest bogeys and double bogeys, nothing worse. I was happy today.
My achievements:

wow, you're in Egypt??? holy cow thats a long way from here! what are the courses like there? nice? is golf popular there? are you from Egypt?

Yeah, I am Egyptian. Golf isn't that popular here, but it's quickly gaining popularity. Unfortunately it still remains restricted to the previlaged class, unless you're lucky enough like me to have a membership in one of the two oldest clubs in Egypt, these are much cheaper. There is one in Alexandria where I am and another one in Cairo. The other new clubs are very expensive to play in.

You can contact me if you want to know more. soonadracula@yahoo.com
My achievements:

Nice one good going! I got a birdie chip in today which was nice today followed by a surprising par from way off line.
I went to Egypt last summer and there was a golf course near where i stayed but i didn't play - too hot! I went to the Grand Rotana Hotel in Sharm El Sheik.
What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

That's awesome man! I remember in the league match for my high school team I made 3 birdies on the Back 9, including two in a row. Of coure I had to make 2 doubles, and 2 bogeys to shoot 39. I was still stoked about the 39 since it was the first (of now two) rounds in the 30s. Congrats!

Note: This thread is 5473 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!