IGNORED

Worthless Clubs?

Note: This thread is 5599 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have a 2 iron in my bag...is there any use for that? because usually if im in a position to hit a number that low, i use a 3 iron or 3 wood. on the rough or fairway. should i take it out of my bag and replace it with something like a hybrid?

I dont think many people have a 2 iron in their bag. At that distance they will hit a wood normally. I do at least..

In my Ogio Budlight Bag
Taylormade R11 Driver | Big Bertha Diablo 3W | Tight Lies 5W & 7W |
Big Bertha Diablo 24 degree hybrid | Slingshot 4D 5-PW, AW Irons | SV Tour 56* wedge |
Detour Newport 2 | Noodle Ball | Golf Logix GPS

that's exactly what i was thinking. i don't know where it came from to be honest! there's tons of crap in my bag. a left handed putter. a youth sized 7 iron. haha..i dont know where they came from. i need to clean out the old bag.

.. You actually carry a left-handed putter and a youth iron around on the course?

C9 VFT Ti
C9 5w
P2 Hybrid 3
P2 Deep Cavity 4-PW
SGS 52, 56 Putter

I took the 2 iron out of my bag several years ago and replaced it with a 5 wood. A hybrid is another good option, I'm just not a hybrid fan. Not very many of the pro's still carry a 2 iron, unless you have a specific use for the 2 iron you probably have a club in your bag that is just taking up space.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

If you never hit it it is wasted space. Their is no rule that says you have to carry 14 clubs. The only thing worse than carrying a club you never use is carrying a club you never hit well.

R9 with 757 Speeder
mp 57 3-pw project x 6.0 flighted
Vokey* 56* 60*
Monza Corsa Putter

That being said I used to carry a 2i but when I got new clubs (mp-57) they didn't offer a 2i. I have can have serious trouble with a driver and basically the only time I used to hit a 2i was off the tee. I still don't know how to hit a hybrid well and I don't cary a fairway wood so on short and tight holes or when I am not hitting driver well I still prefer hitting an iron off the tee so now I am hitting a 3. It just depends on what you feel comfortable hitting.

R9 with 757 Speeder
mp 57 3-pw project x 6.0 flighted
Vokey* 56* 60*
Monza Corsa Putter

I have a 2 iron in my bag...is there any use for that? because usually if im in a position to hit a number that low, i use a 3 iron or 3 wood. on the rough or fairway. should i take it out of my bag and replace it with something like a hybrid?

2 irons are rarely even sold with iron sets anymore and now many sets only come with a 4 through PW. Most golfers have found hybrids are easier to hit especially when you are wanting some height on the shot. Hybrids are also good for shots out of the rough and sometimes chipping around the greens. Some will add a 4th wedge in their bag. Myself, I carry a 20* hybrid and 4-PW, a 52 and 56* SW and a 1,3,and 5 metal wood.

Ping hoofer bag Ping G15 10.5* Driver, stock reg shaft Ping G15 3 metal, Aldila 75g Stiff shaft Ping G15 5 metal, Aldila 75g Stiff shaft Mizuno MP 69 3-PW irons, DG S300 shafts Mizuno MP R12 black nickel 52* and 56* gap and sand wedges, DG spinner W+ shafts Mizuno 20* FLiHi Clk hybrids, Project X 5.5 shaft 25 year old Bulls Eye putter, 33" or Ping Anser 2 Scottsdale 34" First round of golf was in 1963 at age 10. Best round -1. 2 Holes-In-One.

Do you have plantains growing in your backyard? A well struck 2-iron can decapitate them very cleanly. Good practice, too. Or it could make a cool wall ornament for a guy's man-cave.

McGolf-Doggie's stand bag & new and used club emporium:
Putter :ping: 1/2Craz-e | Irons :TaylorMade: RAC MB, 4i-PW (DG S300) |Wedges :Cleveland: SW&LW 56*DSG+RTG; 60*/4* DSG+RTG |Woods :Cobra: S1 5W; Adams TIght Lies 3W |Driver :TaylorMade: Burner 9.5 Fujikura Reax S | Maxfli Practice

Note: This thread is 5599 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!