IGNORED

Launch angle issue, help find new driver

shades9323
Note: This thread is 5464 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

There was a demo day today and I took a few swings on the launch monitor with my driver. The guy said my club head speed was 95-100 and my launch angle was a little low. He didn't give me figure though. My current driver is the Cobra 400sz with an adila(sp?) HM tour 60, mid kick, regular flex. 10.5 degree loft. There are a couple of drivers locally for about $100 that I want to look at.

1. Callaway Ft-5 10.5 w/ 360 shaft stiff

2. Cleveland Hibore xl 10.5 with the gold shaft regular flex

Which of the 2 would be better for me? Any other used driver recommendations?

All other factors being the same, most club fitters like to see a launch angle of between 10 and 12 degrees. Without seeing your swing or the launch monitor data, there is no way anyone can tell you what shaft/head combo is right for you.

My advice would be to go to demo days, hit as many clubs (outdoors) as you can.

I really hate when someone claims to be able to fit you for the proper shaft and head when the ball only goes 5 feet into a net. The launch monitor is not all knowing. It doesn't matter what the data says if you don't feel comfortable with a club or like the way it looks. That is a big factor. Many club fitters hide behind the computer and interpret the data without any understanding of the golf swing. That's why it's most important to see the actual ball flight before buying a club. Good luck!

In my Srixon staff bag:

Driver: Titleist 909D2 8.5 - Grafalloy Epic X
Fairway: Adams RPM LP 13 degree - Grafalloy Epic X
Hybrids: Adams Idea Pro 18 degree - DGSL X100Irons: MacGregor 1025M 3-PW - DG X100SW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54 - DG X100LW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 58 - DG X100Putter...

One thing that will help with low launch is a shaft with a low kick point. I have always liked a stiff shaft with a low kick point because I get the consistency of a stiff shaft, but still get the high launch of a regular flex or higher loft driver. Your swing speed is high side of 'Regular' flex or low side of 'Stiff' flex so a low kick point might be at least worth trying out.
Driver: SQ DYMO STR8-Fit
4 Wood: SQ DYMO
2H (17*), 4H (23*) & 5H (26*): Fli-Hi CLK
Irons (5-6): MX-900; (7-PW): MP-60
Wedges (51/6*): MP-T Chrome; (56/13): MP-R ChromePutter: White Hot XG 2-Ball CSPreferred Ball: e5+/e7+/B330-RXGPS Unit: NEOPush Cart: 2.0

Note: This thread is 5464 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!