IGNORED

Kimber 1911

Beretta_Shooter
Note: This thread is 5392 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

A few months ago I posted some pix of my new H&K; USP.45 compact. It generated some responses so I thought I would let the boys know that I also just picked up a new Kimber Custom II with night sites. I will try to post pix in the coming days. Here is the pistol from the Kimber site:

http://www.kimberamerica.com/pistols.../custom_II/75/

I took it to the range the other day and ran 140 rounds through it. 100 of 230 grain hollow points and 40 of 165 grain +p hollow points.

The Kimber now becomes my nightstand gun, the H&K; goes into the car and my Smith and Wesson M&P; 9 compact gets carried and put in the golf bag.

Glock 17

my Smith and Wesson M&P; 9 compact gets carried and put in the golf bag.

I know I lack the ethical restraint to have a piece with me at the golf course – slow play, boorish behavior, and my own poorly played shots could prove to make things rather messy.

"Every man is his own hell" - H.L. Mencken

I too have a Kimber 1911 in the nightstand. Replaced the guide rod with a Crimson Trace laser and a Surefire X300 light on the rail.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

The Kimber now becomes my nightstand gun, the H&K; goes into the car and my Smith and Wesson M&P; 9 compact gets carried and put in the golf bag.

The golf bag thing kind of threw me, but I suppose if one is going to commit to the responsibility of carrying a gun, then it would be irresponsible to leave it in your car or club locker when you are out on the course.

There is still something in me that balks at the idea that everyone should be armed at all times. Remember how back in the Old West when a town became "civilized" it was expected that people wouldn't carry a gun on them at all times. Has our society really reverted back that far?

Nike Vapor Speed driver 12* stock regular shaft
Nike Machspeed 4W 17*, 7W 21* stock stiff shafts
Ping i10 irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, LW AWT stiff flex
Titleist SC Kombi 35"; Srixon Z Star XV tour yellow

Clicgear 3.0; Sun Mountain Four 5

Congrats! The Kimber 1911's are sweet. My brother has two and I just love to shoot them. I'm going to get myself a nice Kimber 1911 (probably UC version) one day here.

In the bag:
Driver:  Burner 10.5* Stiff     ||    3 Wood:  Burner 13* Stiff     ||     Hybrids:  Slingshot 17*, 21*, 24* Utility

Irons:  MX-300 5-PW     ||     Gap & Sand Wedge:  Spin-Milled Black Nickel 52.08* / 58.08*

Putter:  VP-09 Blade 33"     ||     Ball:  Penta TP

I know I lack the ethical restraint to have a piece with me at the golf course – slow play, boorish behavior, and my own poorly played shots could prove to make things rather messy.

My comment about it being in the golf bag was a little tongue in cheek. I lock my pistol in the trunk.
Replaced the guide rod with a Crimson Trace laser and a Surefire X300 light on the rail.

I was thought that a light rail was a sacrilege until I saw the Kimber SIS with a rail. Sweet..... With the Crimson laser and the Surefire 300 you certainly are not going miss. You can blind him with the light and line him up with the laser.

Congrats! The Kimber 1911's are sweet. My brother has two and I just love to shoot them. I'm going to get myself a nice Kimber 1911 (probably UC version) one day here.

I would like to get a commander version one day. I blew a lot of money on guns in the past few months so I need to take a break.

Glock 17

I blew a lot of money on guns in the past few months so I need to take a break.

You mean you took them to the range and used them? Ammo prices these days have slowed me down. In TX its been hard to find some of the most popular ammo for some time. My wife complains that golf is expensive, ha!

In the bag:
Driver:  Burner 10.5* Stiff     ||    3 Wood:  Burner 13* Stiff     ||     Hybrids:  Slingshot 17*, 21*, 24* Utility

Irons:  MX-300 5-PW     ||     Gap & Sand Wedge:  Spin-Milled Black Nickel 52.08* / 58.08*

The golf bag thing kind of threw me, but I suppose if one is going to commit to the responsibility of carrying a gun, then it would be irresponsible to leave it in your car or club locker when you are out on the course.

Society began reverting when people began to go about habitually unarmed. Remember, "An armed society is a polite Society."

About 95% of the crap that makes the news today would not happen if it was known there was a very good chance that every person you meet on the street is armed. Imagine how much more civil our discourse would be if you knew that being impolite might have serious consequences. I say return society to its apex and reinstate dueling as an acceptable dispute resolution method.

Those Kimbers are really sweet.

I no longer carry....just home defense.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Society began reverting when people began to go about habitually unarmed. Remember, "An armed society is a polite Society."

Agreed, I would be all for that.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

You mean you took them to the range and used them? Ammo prices these days have slowed me down. In TX its been hard to find some of the most popular ammo for some time. My wife complains that golf is expensive, ha!

My wife gave me the eye when my latest

250 round pack of .40 arrived from bass pro shops. I turned on the news and won that quick battle. Its been quite crazy around here with home invasions and carjackings.

In my Syncro:

Speedline 9032ls
Speedline 9032ti 14.5* Hybrid
Idea A1 17* 3Hybrid mx-25 3-PW vr 52.10 sm56.10 & sm60.04 Studio Select Squareback 1

A few months ago I posted some pix of my new H&K; USP.45 compact. It generated some responses so I thought I would let the boys know that I also just picked up a new Kimber Custom II with night sites. I will try to post pix in the coming days. Here is the pistol from the Kimber site:

Very nice. Slightly O/T, do you ever attend the IDPA (International Defense Pistol Association) shoots?

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

Very nice. Slightly O/T, do you ever attend the IDPA (International Defense Pistol Association) shoots?

I went to one several years ago when I lived in Atlanta. My brother invited me. It was lots of fun and a very good learning experience!

In the bag:

This thread needs MOAR pics!

|Callaway FT-9 Tour Neutral 9.5 Diamana BlueBoard| TaylorMade TourLaunch 14.5 Matrix Ozik F7M2 X| Adams Idea Pro 20 Matrix Ozik Altus X| Mizuno MP-32 4-PW TTDG S300|Titleist Vokey 50| Tour Issue Titleist Black Ni Vokey SM 54|Callaway X Forged 62 || Kirk Currie Brazos| Callaway Tour IX/...

I have owned Kimbers but for carry My H&K; 40 S&W; is the ticket. It doesn't weigh me down or make me walk funny and ballisticcally it's as stout as a .45. You also cant beat the accuracy of an H&K.; Most accurate semi I've ever shot.
Hope I didn't get carried away. I thought for a minute that I was on my Cowboy Action Shooting site.
My new Scotty Cameron is terrific. (Just to keep on topic)

Duffy,

Striving every day to be the person my dogs think I am.

Driver; Ping G25, Fairway, Ping G25 3; Irons, Mizuno M59, wedges, Cleveland cg15, 54, 56, 60, Putter; See More Zack style.

I have owned Kimbers but for carry My H&K; 40 S&W; is the ticket. It doesn't weigh me down or make me walk funny and ballisticcally it's as stout as a .45. You also cant beat the accuracy of an H&K.; Most accurate semi I've ever shot.

Whats that saying? -When just shooting

at your enemy isnt enough, get an H&K;

|Callaway FT-9 Tour Neutral 9.5 Diamana BlueBoard| TaylorMade TourLaunch 14.5 Matrix Ozik F7M2 X| Adams Idea Pro 20 Matrix Ozik Altus X| Mizuno MP-32 4-PW TTDG S300|Titleist Vokey 50| Tour Issue Titleist Black Ni Vokey SM 54|Callaway X Forged 62 || Kirk Currie Brazos| Callaway Tour IX/...

pic of my kimber classic

When Kimber entered the 1911 market they were trying to capture market share. As a result the Clackamas Kimbers were all individually built to extremely high tolerances and the workmanship on these guns is impeccable.

only a couple thousand were made.

Man thats a sweet peice of hardware.. I am still debating on what gun i choose to buy on my 18th birthday, and what to get when i get out of the marines handgun wise... Kimber, P99, and a USP are all on the list..but in the words of ARF.com.. "get em both!"

In the meantime i will kick it old school with my aforementioned Colt MK70 gov't issue.

Sweet gun

Note: This thread is 5392 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!