IGNORED

Maxfli Tour Fire?

Note: This thread is 5329 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Are these balls any good? Saw them at Dicks on sale for 12.97...

Is this a good ball, I cant seem to find any reviews? Is this a good price?

Thanks!

JIm

In my Ogio Blade Stand Bag:

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Cleveland CG14 58 2 dot wedge

Ping Karsten Series Craz-E putter

Top Flite Gamer

I personally like the fire's. I seem to hit them straighter than I do titelist pro v1's and nike's.
I cant really speak much about spin other than maybe a roll or two off of the titelist's on the green.

The Tour Fires are a 3-piece ball with a soft cover. The regular Fires have a harder surlyn cover and don't spin as much.

The Tour Fires are a pro quality ball, John Daly played them on tour for quite a while.

I still have quite a few of the Tour Fires in my ball stash and still play them occasionally. They are a very very good ball.

What's in my bag (most of the time)

Exotics 12°, Aldila VS Proto 65S
Exotics CB1 4W, 16.5°, Fujikura Stiff
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23°, 26º Hybrids, Proforce V2 Stiff Acer XP905 Pro 6-PW, Dynalite Gold S300Inazone CNC Spin Satin GW 50°/8°, SW 54°/14°, LW 58°/4°Boccieri...

Sweet thanks for the replies guys, I think I'll pick up a dozen then. At a buck a ball, its a great deal then.....

The box said its a 75 compression core? Thats kind of weak isnt it? I swing pretty hard...

Thanks!

Jim

In my Ogio Blade Stand Bag:

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Cleveland CG14 58 2 dot wedge

Ping Karsten Series Craz-E putter

Top Flite Gamer

I wouldn't pay too much attention to the compression numbers -- they feel about like the Pro V1 or Callaway HX Tour to me in terms of overall hardness and cover softness.

I'm not a real hard swinger but I hit them about as far off the tee as any pro quality ball. Not as firm as a Pro V1x but then I think they spin a little more around the greens with less than full shots.

One of the guys I regularly play with who hits it a ton hit them as far as the Pro v1x, he didn't like them though for the same reason he doesn't like the Pro V1 -- too much spin for him. Daly also played them on tour for most of a year (before Maxfli was sold to Dick's) so they can't be that soft...

What's in my bag (most of the time)

Exotics 12°, Aldila VS Proto 65S
Exotics CB1 4W, 16.5°, Fujikura Stiff
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23°, 26º Hybrids, Proforce V2 Stiff Acer XP905 Pro 6-PW, Dynalite Gold S300Inazone CNC Spin Satin GW 50°/8°, SW 54°/14°, LW 58°/4°Boccieri...

Note: This thread is 5329 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!