IGNORED

First Mini-Review - Bridgestone J36 Pocket Cavity

Note: This thread is 5109 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Damn man I just bought some G10's now this thread is making want those PC's!!

Gotta stop reading so much on hear!

Glad you like your new sticks, you sound VERY excited!

Im in Tampa and the golf is great right now!

Jim

In my Ogio Blade Stand Bag:

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Cleveland CG14 58 2 dot wedge

Ping Karsten Series Craz-E putter

Top Flite Gamer

Damn man I just bought some G10's now this thread is making want those PC's!!

Jim,

I'll be in Tampa in a few days. Any courses I shouldn't miss? If you're in the area you're more than welcome to hit the J36s. That said, I haven't hit the G10s, but hear they're supposed to be stellar as well.

Hey Hotsauce,

Cheval is a good course, your already playing Innisbrook if I remember right? There is also TPC Tampa Bay... pretty much right next to Cheval. Both really nice courses.

Yea man, send me a PM if ya want when your in town.

In my Ogio Blade Stand Bag:

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Cleveland CG14 58 2 dot wedge

Ping Karsten Series Craz-E putter

Top Flite Gamer

I play the same irons, in a 5.0 shaft, and absolutely love them. I thought I may have bitten off more than I could chew as a fairly new golfer playing those clubs when I first ordered them, but they have been easy to hit from day one. I was coming off of some Turbo Power Big Bertha knock-offs, which were really easy to hit, but had no soul at all. They were ugly, and had no feel. I was stunned by the looks of the B-Stones when they arrived at my house. The first time I stood over them on the range, I was seeing visions of worm burners and hosel rockets in my head, but when I swung it the first time, I was rewarded with a surprisingly straight, and crisp feeling shot. I was amazed at how good it felt. After the first range session, I had an understanding of what people were talking about when they spoke of the "forged club feel". I could tell exactly where I was hitting on the club face, which really helps me understand my misses now. My old knock-offs had no feel to them at all, and on top of that, they were friggin HUGE! These beauties just sit there and look gorgeous until you put them into the ball. My favorite thing about these irons is the ball flight. I don't know if it's more a function of the shaft or the head, but my ball flight with the PC's is lower, and flatter, but still checks up and sits nicely with the mid and short irons. My old clubs sent balls into the stratosphere where the winds really beat up a lot of my shots. The first really flushed shots on the course with the new clubs, I thought, "Oh crap, I just screwed that one up" because of the trajectory, but I watched it slowly descend and softly land and stop. The ball takes off low and straight, and climbs steadily to the top of it's trajectory, and then comes down on a much steeper angle than it went up with. At least that's what it looks like from my perspective. It really is something I like to watch. I did lose a bit of distance for the same club versus my old knockoffs, but I think that is more because the lofts are way jacked up on the old clubs. I'm not worried about them being all that long anyhow, as long I know where each club is going for me.

I'm really sold on these clubs, and they have really helped me enjoy the game more. And for the prices you can get them for right now, it really is a no-brainer to try them out. Especially if you want to feel what forged is all about. My set came as 3-pw, and was delivered to my door for $265.

In my Costco stand bag:

Tech A4 9015D 10.5 w/stock stiff Matrix Ozik
F60 16.5 4 wood w/stock stiff Exsar
Pro Gold 18* and 23* hybrids w/ Matrix Ozik reg J36 PC 5-PW Project-X Rifle flighted 5.0 CG14 52*, 56*, and 60* standard bounce Island Series Antigua AD333

• 4 months later...
Hot Sauce, I just got a set myself waiting delivery. Are you still playing them? How would you rate the ball flight? (low, med, high?) I got the PX 5.0 flighted shafts.

Note: This thread is 5109 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!