IGNORED

Difference Between these two Shafts?

Note: This thread is 6479 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi, I'm looking to switch to new irons. I want to go from the RAC OS 2's to last year's titleist 704 CB. And the guy at golfsmith looked at me hit about 10 or so balls with my rac os 2's that have standard length, regular stock shaft, everything. and he told me they were right for me and didnt have to change anything. So if I got the 704 CB's with the stock Dynamic Gold R300 shafts, would it be very close to the stock shafts in the taylor made rac's i have right now?

Hi, I'm looking to switch to new irons. I want to go from the RAC OS 2's to last year's titleist 704 CB. And the guy at golfsmith looked at me hit about 10 or so balls with my rac os 2's that have standard length, regular stock shaft, everything. and he told me they were right for me and didnt have to change anything. So if I got the 704 CB's with the stock Dynamic Gold R300 shafts, would it be very close to the stock shafts in the taylor made rac's i have right now?

ilikegolf,

The stock T-step shafts on the RAC OS 2's is far softer in the tip than any Dynamic Gold product, even R200. They are the proverbial "apples and oranges." However, that does not mean they are not a good fit for you.

Thanks for the reply. So since the tip is softer in the RAC's I might find the R300 Dynamic Gold a little stiffer. Does this mean I should probably look at getting my new irons fitted, or do you think that playing with the R300's shouldn't be too bad. I want to play a few rounds with the set before actually making investments in the clubs.

Thanks for the reply. So since the tip is softer in the RAC's I might find the R300 Dynamic Gold a little stiffer. Does this mean I should probably look at getting my new irons fitted, or do you think that playing with the R300's shouldn't be too bad. I want to play a few rounds with the set before actually making investments in the clubs.

ilikegolf,

Yes, please do get fitted. Fitting for iron shafts isn't quite as complicated as for woods since there are far fewer choices. It basically boils down to your preference for tip stiff dynamic gold, or butt stiff rifle. Which one fits you best is based solely on your swing and tempo. Go find someone who can fit you for shafts.

Note: This thread is 6479 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!