IGNORED

switching from low offset to high offset irons

Note: This thread is 6478 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

not that im in the market for high offset irons or anything, but i was wondering if someone switching from low to high would see problems with timing/clubface angle?

i went to play a round of golf with my mom the other day and i was fooling around with her irons.. x-14 graphite shafts and if i didnt make a few adjustments, i hit a push fade everytime. just curious about the topic.

905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder
200 steel 3 wood
200 steel 5 wood
690.CB 3-PW
56* 14 Pro Platinum Newport 2 Pro V1 B330-S

not that im in the market for high offset irons or anything, but i was wondering if someone switching from low to high would see problems with timing/clubface angle?

I had exactly the same problem when I switched my irons at the beginning of the year.

I've said in a few posts I used to play Hogan Apex FTX combo irons. I was playing some bad golf at the start of the year and so decided to swtich to an iron that was supposed to be easier to hit. I changed to Mizuno MX-900 from 5 iron to PW and got their Fli-Hi hybrids in 23 and 20 degree. The 23 degree was a delight to hit, and I'd recommend that club to anyone. The irons however are another story altogether. Whilst I hit a few good shots with them, for the most part the shaft was far too light, and the 5 iron would just slice or push/block all day long, no matter what I tried. I HATED these clubs, with a passion. So much so that whenever I thought "hmm 5 iron here" I'd be afraid of hitting the shot for fear of where it would go and I just froze over the ball. Since changing back to a low offset forged iron, my game has improved again and I'm hitting much better shots and am able to work the ball both ways, although I prefer to hit a fade or a cut as this is more my natural shot shape.
In the bag:
Driver - FT-i 9.5* Neutral Speeder 686 Stiff
Fairway Wood - X-Tour 15* Stiff
Hybrid - Nickent 3DX Ironwood 17* Aldila NV Hybrid 75S
Irons - Tour Stage Z101 Forged Irons DG S300 Shatfs (2-PW) Wedges - 52* Callaway X Tour Vintage, 58* Callaway X Tour Mack Daddy VintagePutter - Scotty...

Note: This thread is 6478 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!