IGNORED

Cracked Driver Face

Note: This thread is 6472 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So tonight i went to the range for the last time until i get home for christmas vacation. i was hitting pretty well and just as i was putting my headcover back on my driver, i noticed a gigantic crack along the face.

now i wont feel guilty about spending $300+ on a new driver in the winter :D

905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder
200 steel 3 wood
200 steel 5 wood
690.CB 3-PW
56* 14 Pro Platinum Newport 2 Pro V1 B330-S

I did that to a Tour Edge driver a while back. It came with a lifetime warranty, so I got it replaced for free. (I then turned around and sold it, because I couldn't trust it anymore...)

Maybe check into the warranty and see if the manufacturer can do anything for you.

"I played like shit." -Greg Norman after the '96 Masters.

I did that to a Tour Edge driver a while back. It came with a lifetime warranty, so I got it replaced for free. (I then turned around and sold it, because I couldn't trust it anymore...)

will do. its actually quite an old driver.. 975jvs. i really didnt play very much when i first got it so im not sure why it decided to crack now.

905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder
200 steel 3 wood
200 steel 5 wood
690.CB 3-PW
56* 14 Pro Platinum Newport 2 Pro V1 B330-S

will do. its actually quite an old driver.. 975jvs. i really didnt play very much when i first got it so im not sure why it decided to crack now.

that's too bad. 975 is a solid driver. only replaced mine about a month ago. Not sure what you're looking at as far as drivers go, but the 983 is still a solid club. for a little more the 905 series is definately worth a look; and neither should set you back $300 :)

Driver: Bridgestone J33R 460 10.5*
3 Wood: Sonartec NP-99 14*
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black 19*
Irons: Mizuno MP-58 4-PWWedges: Nike SV 52*, 56*, 60*Putter: Scotty CameronBall: Srixon Z Star

My 983E had a stress on the top line of the face in the same spot as yours but not as much, I took it to my local golf speciality store and they sent it back to Titleist for free, week and half later I was they replace the broken head with a new head of the same shaft and grip I sent in. I was told at the golf store their was a chance of getting the new 905T the equivelent of the 983E if they wasn't any more of those heads aviable.

Your titleist head is really over done in my opinion, I would assume the stress start out much like mine but you did not catch it soon enough. I would also be willing to bet they don't replace it with that much damage, but it is still worth a shot.

Good Luck
DBake
Titleist 909D3 10.5* Tour Green 89 Stiff
Titleist 906F2 15* v2 85 Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 2-PW S300
Mizuno MP-R 52* & 59*Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5Titleist Pro V1Leupold GX-1The Home Course (75.7/130)

Note: This thread is 6472 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Partners

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    ShotScope
    The Stack System
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct: Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package.

Coupon Codes (save 10-15%): "IACAS" for Mevo/Stack, "IACASPLUS" for Mevo+/Pro Package, and "THESANDTRAP" for ShotScope.
  • Popular Now

• I got one last year, because I had a discount code or it was on sale. It was $48 before tax/shipping. I was looking for something that was a little more water resistant than my beat up Golfer's Journal hat because I knew the winter in CA was going to be wet, and it seemed like the "A-Game Hydro" was possibly what I wanted. I think I wore it twice. It is a fine hat, nothing special. 
    • I'm re-watching the Office right now. It's not a hat. Its a 70 dollar hat. I looked at the website. I doesn't take strokes off your game or give you a happy ending. Why is it 70 bucks? Someone around here has one. Hey it's Phil's hat of choice. 
    • Day 136: 5/11/24 Tied for 3rd highest speed in Session 10/24. Anti inflammatory medicine has helped neck pain.PRGR speed radar missed plenty of swings tonight.
    • VILLAGE OF PINEHURST, N.C. (May 10, 2024) – The United States Golf Association (USGA) today officially opened Golf House Pinehurst, its seven-acre campus located footsteps from the Pinehurst Resort & Country Club main clubhouse. The new location includes the organization’s equipment-testing and research facility, the visitor-friendly USGA Experience, an outdoor educational landscape feature and the recently relocated World Golf Hall of Fame, as well as administrative offices. “When I joined the USGA, I shared with our internal teammates that while the USGA will always celebrate history, we’re not going to be afraid to make some. Today is proof positive that we’re just getting started,” said Mike Whan, CEO of the USGA, during the Grand Opening Celebration that took place today. “In four years, we’ve gone from vision to reality, and achieving this important milestone is the action of more than a visitor, but a neighbor. Together, we’re going to do great things for the good of the game that will live on for another 20, 50 years and beyond.”  Following Friday’s ceremony with representatives from the State of North Carolina, Moore County and the Village of Pinehurst and other dignitaries, attendees were given a firsthand look at the campus and attractions, including: The USGA Experience, an immersive view of golf and the USGA’s work to unify, showcase, govern and advance the game. Designed by Luci Creative, the Science of Golf and Championship galleries feature interactive multimedia displays that incorporate augmented reality, interactive touch screens, sculptures and trophies; The World Golf Hall of Fame, where sports fans can discover and relive the legacies of those who made the game great; USGA Golf Museum Special Exhibitions that highlight the USGA’s deep collection of golf artifacts – the most comprehensive collection in the world;  The USGA’s Research and Test Center, the only one of its kind in North America solely dedicated to testing golf balls and clubs for conformance to the Rules of Golf; The Glade, the USGA’s outdoor learning landscape that will help to elevate awareness of the USGA’s ongoing work to help make golf more sustainable, with native plants and pollinator habitats; The Grove, a restoration of the ancient longleaf pine forest native to the region, through a unique partnership with North Carolina State University; The USGA Shop, where golfers can purchase various products with the USGA championship logo of their choice as well as exhibit-related specialty items. Golf House Pinehurst was made possible by a comprehensive economic development effort involving representatives from the North Carolina General Assembly, the Office of the Governor, the North Carolina Department of Commerce, Moore County, the Village of Pinehurst and economic development experts. The land on which it is situated was generously provided by Pinehurst Resort & Country Club for a 150-year term. Independent studies estimate that the total economic impact of the USGA’s long-term presence in Pinehurst, combined with the USGA championships it will bring as a designated anchor site, will exceed $2 billion to the state of North Carolina. The USGA has announced 12 future championships at Pinehurst Resort, including the 2024 U.S. Open (June 13-16) and the return of the back-to-back U.S. Women’s Open and U.S. Open in 2029, previously conducted at Pinehurst in 2014. USGA staffers based in Pinehurst total 70 full-time employees representing Championship Operations, Equipment Standards, Player Development and Green Section teams, among others. They include some of the game’s foremost scientific and golf management experts. The campus is designed to complement, but not replicate, the association’s headquarters in Liberty Corner, N.J.  The USGA Experience and World Golf Hall of Fame will open to the public at 1 p.m. today, and operate from 10 a.m. ET to 5 p.m. Wednesday through Sunday, with extended hours until 8 p.m. on Thursdays. In honor of the Grand Opening, admission is free through the month of June.  For visitor information, click here.
    • Day 556, May 11, 2024 Lessons all morning. Stayed after and worked for 20 minutes. Caddied in the afternoon.

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...