IGNORED

Suggestion for Sand Trap Forum

Wood
Note: This thread is 6432 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was thinking that the Sand Trap, being a great golfer community, might be a great place to have an "Events and Announcements" section. I've read a number of people posting on here looking for golfing partners, and have read a number of people spamming up tourneys and the such (their only posts).

I'm involved in a number of charity tourneys in Central Virginia, and would love to get some Sand Trap advertising and support for these causes, as well as to link up with other sand trap members for golf tourneys in my area. I don't search around for tourneys to play in much, as I work a lot, but do scan the Sand Trap a bunch, and could not think of a better place for this.

Instead of just having a spammer place, maybe only allow people with a certain # of posts to post announcements, or find some other criteria for determing how to stop the spamming, and keeping this a member benefit section.

Just a suggestion that I think would add to the Trap in a positive way.
In The Bag
Ping Rapture 10.5* Aldila Proto 65-S
Sonartec SS 3.5 19* 5W Fuji Tour Platform Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 3-PW
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54.10*, 60.04*Odyssey White Hot 2 BallTitleist Pro V1x

• Administrator
I was thinking that the Sand Trap, being a great golfer community, might be a great place to have an "Events and Announcements" section. I've read a number of people posting on here looking for golfing partners, and have read a number of people spamming up tourneys and the such (their only posts).

The problem is the latter part.

I'm involved in a number of charity tourneys in Central Virginia, and would love to get some Sand Trap advertising and support for these causes, as well as to link up with other sand trap members for golf tourneys in my area. I don't search around for tourneys to play in much, as I work a lot, but do scan the Sand Trap a bunch, and could not think of a better place for this.

That's possible. I'm not sure we have enough members, currently, to warrant such a thing. But then again, since our forums are wide open (i.e. you need not register in order to view all the posts), it's tough to say how many others are not registered but reading.

Instead of just having a spammer place, maybe only allow people with a certain # of posts to post announcements, or find some other criteria for determing how to stop the spamming, and keeping this a member benefit section.

I think we have that in place now - "Established Members." Same privileges as the marketplace.

If anyone else is in favor of this, I could add a new forum. Probably under "The Clubhouse." Any suggestions on what to call it?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If anyone else is in favor of this, I could add a new forum. Probably under "The Clubhouse." Any suggestions on what to call it?

I like "Playing Partners."

I figure, that's what we call 'em anyway. And I'm very much in favor of this idea. I could see it being very useful. People could post golf trip plans, hook up with other members, maybe form informal "Sand Trap" leagues. I think it'd go a long way towards making this site an even bigger deal than it already is...

"I played like shit." -Greg Norman after the '96 Masters.

• Administrator
I like "Playing Partners."

That misses the point of "outings and events."

And I'm very much in favor of this idea. I could see it being very useful. People could post golf trip plans, hook up with other members, maybe form informal "Sand Trap" leagues. I think it'd go a long way towards making this site an even bigger deal than it already is...

I don't think it will be used for that much at all. This is an Internet site, and even a single state is too large to do too much, let alone across countries.

There are sites dedicated to helping you find people nearby. I don't think one of the purposes of this site should be to help you find someone to play with.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Let me clarify-

I'd like a place to post and review upcoming tourneys in the area. For instance- there is an upcoming cancer benefit tournament in the area that gives out unreal prizes like drivers, bags, trips to Pinehurst, full iron sets, etc... (p.s. Curtis Strange is gonna be there) If someone in VA or NC wanted to come or find out how to get involved- the info is there. If there is an amateur event in Central VA and someone knew about it and posted it- I'd be interested.

I'm not looking for a golf friend finder, I'm looking to read about and play in more events coming up in my area, as well as help to promote any I'm involved with. If I end up meeting a Trap member and getting a golfing buddy out of it- even better.
In The Bag
Ping Rapture 10.5* Aldila Proto 65-S
Sonartec SS 3.5 19* 5W Fuji Tour Platform Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 3-PW
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54.10*, 60.04*Odyssey White Hot 2 BallTitleist Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 6432 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!