• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xxsoultonesxx

Taylormade RAC TP combo "Coin Forged" Irons

7 posts in this topic

Anyone on here played these? I just picked up a near-mint set for a song. Mainly bought them on a whim, and because they looked so good. Not sure if they will be a gamer...yet. My handicap won't do them justice, but I've been practicing with them, and find the heads to be awfully small. I can't seem to find a ton of info on these, and they aren't even listed on the PGA value guide. The set is 3-6 CB "Coin Forged", 7-9 MB "Coin forged", and PW, which is milled and marked 48 degrees, but with no indication of forging, other than matching bag chatter.

Photo is of the 3 iron, which I doubt I will ever play...
Attachment 2470

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Anyone on here played these? I just picked up a near-mint set for a song. Mainly bought them on a whim, and because they looked so good. Not sure if they will be a gamer...yet. My handicap won't do them justice, but I've been practicing with them, and find the heads to be awfully small. I can't seem to find a ton of info on these, and they aren't even listed on the PGA value guide. The set is 3-6 CB "Coin Forged", 7-9 MB "Coin forged", and PW, which is milled and marked 48 degrees, but with no indication of forging, other than matching bag chatter.

The reason you can't find them on the valueguide is because they probably weren't a "set" that was sold. I think the previous owner made his own set out of two sets, mb's and cb's.

I bought a set of the MB's a couple of years ago on a whim because they were at a pawn shop and I got them for $100. The shafts were too stiff for me so I didn't get a great feel for them. Sold them after a week for $300!

I've found the set listed via-google. But I'm pretty sure they were sold this way. I just find it a little strange that I'm having difficulty finding more detailed info on a Taylor Made set.... they aren't that old.

I played a set of these for the past 4 years. I loved them, but sold them just last week to pay for my new set of clubs. These clubs are very soft. On a good hit, it's like you teed up a tablespoon of country crock. On a mishit, not so much. Your shot will definitely reflect your error.

Overall, there great sticks, I would only recommend them to a sub-15 handicapper, though. You have to be a good ball-striker to get the most out of them.

I played a set of these for the past 4 years. I loved them, but sold them just last week to pay for my new set of clubs. These clubs are very soft. On a good hit, it's like you teed up a tablespoon of country crock. On a mishit, not so much. Your shot will definitely reflect your error.

Agreed. I lost about 10+ yards with these, and think I might just practice with them for now, not a sensible gamer quite yet, IMO.

I have a set and they are awesome, easy to hit and work. Getting harder to find these days though. They were made and sold as RAC TP combo's