IGNORED

Memphis Area Golf Adventure River Bend Links

Saig55
Note: This thread is 5073 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Memphis Area Golf Adventure

Let's start with the course review.

River Bend Links
1205 Nine Lakes Dr.
Tunica Resorts, Ms 38664
Phone: 888-539-9990

Yardage:
Blackjack 6923 Rating 72.6 Slope 128
The Gambler 6462 Rating 70.7 Slope 121

Cost –
Monday thru Thursday
$45.00 before 2:00PM
$30.00 twilight rate after 2:00 PM.
$30.00 Seniors 55+

Friday thru Sunday & Holidays
$55.00 before 2:00PM
$35.00 twilight rate after 2:00PM
$30.00 Seniors 55+ (Sunday only)

A very nice course. A Scottish type links course that is definitely wide open. Not an easy course with lots of sand and some smaller greens. There is a lot of water on the course and well placed bunkers. I am not fond of this course although I did play well there. Mosquito’s were always around my head and bothersome. Some type of repellent would have been nice.

Tee Boxes – We played from the “The Gambler” tees and this suited me well. The tee box is set up nice and yardage clearly defined. We’ve had an awful lot of rain in the past two months but the course was for the most part dry.

Fairways - The fairways are nice. A good mix of wide landing areas flanked by either water or bunkers. There should be no reason to miss a fairway but I did, a couple of times. Most of the fairway bunkers were fair but a few were deep.

Greens – The greens were in excellent shape. They were a little slow but I never did get it figured out. Some were tough, some were small but they all rolled just about the same and I appreciate that.

How did I play?

Front nine - Shot a 41. 4 of 7 fairways hit, 5 of 9 GIR and 18 Putts.
My drives were the pretty consistent overall. I was 1 under after 6 holes. Than I thought too much about it. Second shot was on the money until 7, 8, and 9. I hit my short irons and wedges good. Mid to long irons was pretty good. Putting was decent. Double bogey the last three holes.

Back nine - Shot a 45. 3 of 7 fairways hit, 2 of 9 GIR and 17 Putts.
I never could get to the green. Second shot was short just about every time. Mis-read yardage or what? Wedge play was decent when I got close. I actually pitched it close a few times but just couldn’t finish. I had several missed opportunities.

Overall. We played 18 in 4 hours and 35 minutes. I want that feeling back I had on the first 6 holes. I was in the zone and it was amazing. I didn’t really enjoy playing this course. I scored well but didn’t care for the layout maybe. I played the hardest holes on the course just like they were. I let it get to me on the two hardest.

Score: 86
7 of 14 Fairways Hit
Only 7 GIR, I got to get better.
35 Putts, but I feel I am getting better.

Driver: 9.5 Titleist 910, Fairway Woods: G2 3 wood and 5 woods
Irons: Titleist CB712
Wedges: 52 - Vokey, 56 - Vokey Raw,
Putter: Odyssey White Hot #1
Ball: NXT Tour

Note: This thread is 5073 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!