IGNORED

Hi everyone - just joined!

Socketeer
Note: This thread is 4919 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi,

I am a 54 year old golf addict.  I have been playing since about 1990 and have been a member of four clubs over the years.

I was one of the golfers who decided to take the game up during the 90's boom when golf memberships were like gold dust and waiting lists were upwards of 4-5 years for full 7 day playing rights.

I started off as everyone does at the local municipals while waiting for my interview which came in April of 1991.  I played as a 5 day member for four years until I was offered full seven day membership.

I never found the 5 day deal an obstacle to getting my handicap down as I entered a lot of open competitions in the meantime.  This, I believe, only made my handicap more solid for want of a better word as it was not centered around one course.

I have since moved clubs and now play at a links course in North Wales and I play off 4.

I am a retired aerospace engineer and live with my wife.

I play with Titleist clubs and although I am now finding the expense more onerous, I try to keep up with the latest equipment.

My latest purchase is the 910D2 driver and the 910Fd 13.5 fairway.  I have also added a 910H 17 hybrid.

Age and a bad back have caused me to relinquish the status of needing stiff shafts and I now play regular through out the bag except in the wedges.

Hi,

I am a 54 year old golf addict. I have been playing since about 1990 and have been a member of four clubs over the years.

I was one of the golfers who decided to take the game up during the 90's boom when golf memberships were like gold dust and waiting lists were upwards of 4-5 years for full 7 day playing rights.

I started off as everyone does at the local municipals while waiting for my interview which came in April of 1991. I played as a 5 day member for four years until I was offered full seven day membership.

I never found the 5 day deal an obstacle to getting my handicap down as I entered a lot of open competitions in the meantime. This, I believe, only made my handicap more solid for want of a better word as it was not centered around one course.

I have since moved clubs and now play at a links course in North Wales and I play off 4.

I am a retired aerospace engineer and live with my wife.

I play with Titleist clubs and although I am now finding the expense more onerous, I try to keep up with the latest equipment.

My latest purchase is the 910D2 driver and the 910Fd 13.5 fairway. I have also added a 910H 17 hybrid.

Age and a bad back have caused me to relinquish the status of needing stiff shafts and I now play regular through out the bag except in the wedges.

Howdy. Welcome to the site. You'll like it here.

Note: This thread is 4919 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!