IGNORED

Durability on GigaGolf, Pinemeadow, and Hireko.

Note: This thread is 3774 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hireko has a special promotional 15% discount on their Acer XK irons till the end of April 2011.

http://blog.hirekogolf.com/2011/04/exclusive-april-sales-promotions/?utm_source=Assembled%2BHomepage%2BMinibanner%2BXK%2BIron%2BSale&utm;_medium=Assembled%2BHomepage%2BMinibanner%2BXK%2BIron%2BSale&utm;_campaign=Assembled%2BHomepage%2BMinibanner%2BXK%2BIron%2BSale

I have bought their Dynacraft Prophet Tour Irons and the quality was good.

I bought a set of Acer XK Irons off of Ebay and it held up pretty well to my abusive swings.

They do have a 60 day guarantee if you buy their basic club without any customization. If you customized the club you will not be able to get your refund.

I would suggest you get a club fitting to get your stats and then go to their forum http://forum.hirekogolf.com/ .

You can post your club fitting stats in their "Ask Hireko" forum and Jeff Summit who is their very knowledgeable technical director will be able to answer your questions.

Good luck!

• Upvote 1

I've never gamed GigaGolf, but I have used Pinemeadow.  They DO hold up very well... never had an issue.  I then went through the "you're not a real golfer unless you're gaming the name brands" phase.  I have since went to Hireko.  I chose them over the other component brands because they have a much bigger LH selection.  I will never, ever buy another "name brand" golf club.

A guy on my golf league has a full set of Pinemeadow's that he's had for a number of years now, and other than normal wear, they're holding up just fine- and allowing the old buzzard to shoot in the high 70's.  I'll beat him, someday...

Besides, they're all made in the same 10 or so foundries in China and Taiwan, by the same people making the same crap wages, with the same machines, to the same quality standards (this doesn't include the counterfeits- just clones, components and name brands).  Why spend the extra money for the same playability?

Originally Posted by Justin

Besides, they're all made in the same 10 or so foundries in China and Taiwan, by the same people making the same crap wages, with the same machines, to the same quality standards (this doesn't include the counterfeits- just clones, components and name brands).  Why spend the extra money for the same playability?

BINGO!!!!!

Originally Posted by Shootingpar

Hireko has a special promotional 15% discount on their Acer XK irons till the end of April 2011.

http://blog.hirekogolf.com/2011/04/exclusive-april-sales-promotions/?utm_source=Assembled%2BHomepage%2BMinibanner%2BXK%2BIron%2BSale&utm;_medium=Assembled%2BHomepage%2BMinibanner%2BXK%2BIron%2BSale&utm;_campaign=Assembled%2BHomepage%2BMinibanner%2BXK%2BIron%2BSale

I have bought their Dynacraft Prophet Tour Irons and the quality was good.

I bought a set of Acer XK Irons off of Ebay and it held up pretty well to my abusive swings.

They do have a 60 day guarantee if you buy their basic club without any customization. If you customized the club you will not be able to get your refund.

I would suggest you get a club fitting to get your stats and then go to their forum http://forum.hirekogolf.com/ .

You can post your club fitting stats in their "Ask Hireko" forum and Jeff Summit who is their very knowledgeable technical director will be able to answer your questions.

Good luck!

Thanks for the info. I take it you work for Hireko...

But, I do like what I've read on Hireko. I might be pulling the trigger on one of their wedges soon.

Driver: taylormade.gifR5 Duel 10.5 loft
Utility Clubs: taylormade.gif Rescue Mid Hybrid 16 loft; benhogan.gif 21 loft
Irons: gigagolf.gif GX922 5-PW
Putter: Northwestern (Yeah, it's old. a2_wink.gif)

Originally Posted by Justin

I've never gamed GigaGolf, but I have used Pinemeadow.  They DO hold up very well... never had an issue.  I then went through the "you're not a real golfer unless you're gaming the name brands" phase.  I have since went to Hireko.  I chose them over the other component brands because they have a much bigger LH selection.  I will never, ever buy another "name brand" golf club.

A guy on my golf league has a full set of Pinemeadow's that he's had for a number of years now, and other than normal wear, they're holding up just fine- and allowing the old buzzard to shoot in the high 70's.  I'll beat him, someday...

In regards to the foundries, I think that's true for the most part, but I've browsed the interweb a lot in the last few months, and there's a lot of junk for sale out there. The GigaGolfs and the Hirekos seem legit, but buyer beware with some of that other stuff!

And thanks for the info on Pinemeadow. I've read a lot of the reviews on their website, and something that keeps popping on the reviews is that the "head cracked after a few months or so". But reading that someone has had long-term success with their clubs is making me rethink Pinemeadow. I've had a MacGregor driver for about 12 years now... maybe I'm a little spoiled that the things is still performing, but I'm kinda hoping to replicate that.

Driver: taylormade.gifR5 Duel 10.5 loft
Utility Clubs: taylormade.gif Rescue Mid Hybrid 16 loft; benhogan.gif 21 loft
Irons: gigagolf.gif GX922 5-PW
Putter: Northwestern (Yeah, it's old. a2_wink.gif)

• 2 years later...
Just bought a whole set of Pinemeadow clubs. See my other posts to see which ones. I'll post pictures once I get them and eventually feeback on them.

:oakley: Oakley Fairway Golf Carry Bag 

:gigagolf: GXz Driver 10.5

:gigagolf: GXz 3 Wood 15

:gigagolf: GXz 3 Hybrid 20

Pinemeadow Command Q Irons 

:gigagolf: SGS Wedges 52, 56, 60

:odyssey:White Ice # 9 Putter

Note: This thread is 3774 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!