IGNORED

Stand Golf Bag for husband

Note: This thread is 4639 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am wanting to buy my husband a new golf bag, but I'm torn between the Callaway X-22 and the Ogio Grom.  He uses carts most of the time, but I thought a stand bag might be nice for the range or in case he walks.  Any advice?  Also, are there any other recommendations?  I appreciate any feedback as I'm definitely a novice.

Thank you!

If he uses Callaway clubs, then the X-22 or the Hyperlite 4.0 would be a good choice.  Some players don't like golf bags with a 'brand' names on them, if they don't use those clubs.  Ogio makes good bags, usually can't go wrong there.  If he wants 14-way dividers, then I'd take a look at these two below.  The Taylormade might be my next bag, even though I don't play Taylormade equipment, the large beverage pocket and the hidden pocket are a big plus, to me.

1. Sun Mountain has a new Hybrid cart/stand bag with a 14-way divider top.

2. Taylormade also has a good 'hybrid' bag with a very large insulated beverage pocket and a hidden pocket behind the hip pad.

In my :nike:  bag on my :clicgear: cart ...

Driver: :ping: G10 9*    3-Wood: :cleveland: Launcher
Hybrid: :adams: 20* Hybrid      Irons: :ping: i5 4-GW - silver dot, +1/2"
Wedges: :cleveland: 56* (bent to 54*) and 60* CG10     Putter: :ping: Craz-e (original blue)

I have an Ogio Grom, and it is a great stand bag--It's versatile--fits with my push cart for walking and fits all golf carts. Lots of pockets and quality construction. A golf bag will usually last longer than a set of irons. My wife got me the bag as a present a couple of years ago and I've had no problems with the bag; The Grom is not cheap, but worth the price. Best deal I've seen on Ogio Grom is at rockbottomgolf.com (well respected online golf store) [URL]http://www.rockbottomgolf.com/ogio-grom-carry-stand-bag.html[/URL]

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

The Sun Mountain bag that Geek Golfer recommended is great... I basically have their older version of that, the Four5, if you can find one of those I'd go for it.  It's a larger carry bag but the bottom is designed so that it fits well on carts as well.

To differentiate between the Four5 and the Hybrid bags that Sun Mountain has I'd think of it like this: the hybrid more of a cart bag with double straps and legs and the Four5 is more of a carry bag that fits well on carts.

EDIT:

Oh yeah, one more thing... I'm not sure if your husband likes or has any Titleist stuff, but the Titleist 14 way stand bag is essentially a Sun Mountain Four5 with Titleist on the side of it.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4639 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!