IGNORED

Intro from snowy Broomfield, CO

Taylor Johnson
Note: This thread is 4610 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey everybody,

My name is Taylor, I live in Broomfield CO. I work for a software company as an Account Manager. I've been lurking on here for a little while. Waiting on a bunch of snow to melt so I figured it would be a good time to start a profile here.

I started trying to play golf with no lessons when I was 16. At the time I played basketball in high school and basketball was really my only focus sports-wise. My dad helped get me into the game, I caddied for him a few times and I have fond memories of that. I essentially dropped the clubs from the time I was 17 or 18 and didn't start playing again until 2007 when I was 23. I would go out to par 3 courses with my buddies and drink and really just let loose, not very concerned about scoring, just there to have a good time and enjoy the outdoors.

This continued until 2009. As I started playing more, I began to realize how much I really loved the game & everything that comes with it. I knew I wanted to get better, and I admitted it wasn't going to happen by accident. I started accumulating golf books, magazines, watching YouTube videos, etc, etc, trying to get a hold of any information I could that I thought would help my game.  Hogan's 5 Fundamental's, Shawn Clement's massive YouTube collection and Rotella's 'Golf is Not a Game of Perfect' I would say have had the biggest influence on my game. I took a few lessons at a VERY low key course north of Boulder called Haystack Mountain. I got a membership at Leonard's golf in Erie (an indoor facility with cameras, monitors etc).

I got a USGA handicap for the first time in 2010. My first revision was around 16. I continued to try and whittle it down, but by November 2010 I was still a 13. I started taking a lesson every two weeks at GolfTec Westminster, popping in for a few practice sessions inbetween lessons. In 2011 I played in a men's club for the first time, at Riverdale in Brighton. I had heard so many people talk about tournament golf and casual golf being completely different beasts and even some people saying they do not enjoy tournament golf whatsoever. I was apprehensive but it turned out to be the best thing I have ever done. I wish I had joined a Men's club when I was 18. I understand now that it would have helped me improve much quicker. Playing with superior players and playing out of my comfort zone has advanced my game faster than anything else.

Anyway, that's my story. I didn't mean for it to be so long winded. I guess that's what happens when I start talking about this crazy game.

Looking forward to meeting some of you. Feel free to ask me any questions or give any advice!  My teacher ended up leaving GolfTec in January and I switched to a new guy. We don't seem to have the same chemistry/communication as I did with the previous coach so I'm thinking I need to branch out a little bit.

Taylor

-Taylor

Titleist 909 D2, 9.5

Titleist 906F 3W, 15.5

Warrior 3-Hybrid, 20

Mizuno JPX 800 Pro, 4i-PW

Titleist Vokey Wedges, 52 08, 56 08, 60 10

Zebra Putter

Hey Taylor,

Welcome!

I live in Lafayette and belong to Heritage and Legacy! I also took lessons from Gabe. Bummed he's gone. Chris is good but communicates much differently and I hope It works out for me. He did give me some good info that is working for me though so excited about that!

Tournament golf certainly will raise your game! If you ever want to get out my buddy and I play all the time but since we are now members with the Westminster courses that is where we normally play.

Cheers,

Dale

In the bag-

Driver- Ping Anser 9.5  Diamana Ahina
3 Wood-RBZ tour 15
Hybrid-RBZ tour 4 Irons-  Ping I20s 4-GW with soft stepped X100sWedges 58 and 54 SM4s with soft stepped X100s Putter- Ping TR Senita

I wouldn't be surprised if I've seen you before, I'm at GolfTec a lot. I'm usually there in the afternoons and evenings during the week.

I'm sort of doing a "trial run" with Chris. I agree that he communicates much differently than Gabe. I kind of want to try out the new guy Mark, but we'll see. In our brief conversations we seem to have clicked more than Chris and me.

I'd love to play with you when this stuff melts. I've played Legacy a bunch but never Heritage. I went and watched some of the qualifier last year and in 2010. Seems like a great course.

Thanks for the reply!

Taylor

-Taylor

Titleist 909 D2, 9.5

Titleist 906F 3W, 15.5

Warrior 3-Hybrid, 20

Mizuno JPX 800 Pro, 4i-PW

Titleist Vokey Wedges, 52 08, 56 08, 60 10

Zebra Putter

Note: This thread is 4610 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!