IGNORED

hi guys, jim from not so sunny scotland.

crawford1982
Note: This thread is 4563 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi people, i'm jim, i'm 29 and from a little town called falkirk in scotland. i've been hacking away at golf for a little around a year, playing very irregular, weekend/fortnightly and depending on the weather, never taking it to seriously. this season (my course opens on monday) will be the season i take it a bit more seriously, golfing more and practising even more, and play as close to my potential as i can.

my goals were pretty simple, break 100 - ive down this each of the last 3 times ive played, 102,95,93 being my scores on my local course. (Grangemouth golf course)

start to hit more greens in 2.

work a lot on my putting.

i can see breaking 90 being the real next step for me, i beleive my putting really lets me down and i will drop a lot of strokes from better putting.

i have a slight issue with my driving, i use a pretty old 10.5degree Howson 300cc driver,steel shaft, i hit it reasonably well, 250+ with a bit og movement to the right. my issue being i cant find another! i have tried using newer larger drivers, but it just doesnt feel right.

i use a hippo 7 wood, carbon shaft, i love this club. i fire this pretty long and pretty straight, sometimes with a little right spin but i really like it.

my irons i use 5-sw wilson fat shaft tour cast clubs, i dont know too much about these clubs, i think theyre pretty old, maybe 2001? i cant be sure. 7 and 8 irons i'm hitting well already this season, 9, pw,sw ive found a swing where they just feel a part of me. i can dial in pretty close, i cant explain it, last season it alluded me, this year i have played 3 times and feel a massive change.

i got myself an ultra lob wedge, mainly because i suffer close in to the greens. i either was completely over hitting them or mis hitting them. i got a cheap dunlop tour tpii 64 and i must say ite the main reason i went from 102 to 93, i can flop over bunks, float on to greens, its helped a lot.

my biggest area of needed improvement is my putting. i 3 putt a lot. from 4-5 feet in im 50/50. practise will help me and that comes from time.

i know my equipment could do with updating to game improvement clubs, but i want to keep that as a reward for when i break 90 consisitently, 88.89.90.87 if i can get there then i will know ive earned it. its easy to just want new shiny things, ive already poured over nike slingshot irons and was impressed with the oss models.

balls, well i can get nikes cheap in great condition,50 for 10£ im waiting on pro v1s too 30 for £10, but i know different balls are suited for higher handicapped players, but i use what i can get my hands on.

thanks for looking guys, big read i know but i've relly caught the bug.

karsten 10deg driver

fat shaft irons

tour ii putter

prov1x

Originally Posted by crawford1982

(Grangemouth golf course)

Hi Jim,

I'm originally fae Glesga. Goat a sare tae fae kickin a baw. Ah shuldney be kickin peoples baws ah ken.

OK joking aside. I'm sure I played your golf course at sometime or another. I played many in the central belt.

Best wishes from everyone here at TST. I tell everyone that scots start with handicap 18. Just say if asked that you are a sassenach!

Awrabest

Patrick

Note: This thread is 4563 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!