• Announcements

• iacas

Visit FlagstickRule.com   03/13/2017

Visit the site flagstickrule.com to read about and sign a petition for the USGA/R&A regarding the one terrible rule in the proposed "modernized" rules for 2019.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nate Walker

Top 10 Texas Courses

5 posts in this topic

I have lived in Texas my whole life and played hundreds of Texas golf courses. I read an article on the Texan Post featuring a former tour pro's rankings of the top ten courses in Texas and thought it was worth sharing. I have played 6 of these courses and loved them all: http://www.texanpost.com/2012/08/09/featured-guest-jay-reynolds-top-texas-golf-courses/

It was a real shame to see Pecan Valley close its doors.  I've played Whispering Pines and Austin CC but none of the other top 10, primarily because I usually play public golf courses.

Originally Posted by NuclearMike

It was a real shame to see Pecan Valley close its doors.  I've played Whispering Pines and Austin CC but none of the other top 10, primarily because I usually play public golf courses.

yea they are going to turn pecan valley into a 9 hole course for disabled vets. but some hoa are against that idea. me and a couple family members are spending a week end in a couple of months up at S.A. going to play Bandit and Republic golf courses. labor day bunch of guys from work are going to La Cantara G.C.

That link missed tons of gr8 golf courses and any top 10 Texas list w/o Whispering Pines at the top is not credible (always makes Americas top 100)

Horseshoe Bay Ram Rock, TPC Las Colinas, Champions Golf Club, Woodlands Tournament Course, Dallas National GC just a few that were missed. Tons of gr8 courses in this state