IGNORED

ticks!

jmhunter
Note: This thread is 6143 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So I am vehemently against ticks, i guess who isn't. But after having to pull the occasional one off of my dog I have become quite paronoid. So normally because of this paranoia I don't go looking for my ball in the woods.

Well today I got stuck with a group, and so I felt compelled to go digging for my balls when they went in the woods, not to mention I was shooting like crap.

It was cold so i was wearing long sleeves and long pants.

Well, I get home, I am sitting on the couch rubbing my head and I pull a tick out of my hair... luckily it hadn't bit yet.

Has anyone else besides me given up on ball searches to keep away from ticks? I don't like being the wimp in the group... but you gotta do what you gotta do, right?

In my Matrix XTT bag,
on my Sun Mountain Speed Cart
LD M-Speed 10.5* Driver
V18 full set of starter clubs
3W, 3iw, 4iw, 5-S Irons and Wedges Kirk Currie KC4 PutterHome Course:Pajaro Valley Golf Clubwww.pajarovalleygolf.com

If I hit one in the woods and its not OB I am 100% going to look for it, however as soon as I get out of that wooded area I am brushing myself off for ticks, it takes about 15 seconds and is much better then possibly dealing with Lymes Disease. BTW I make sure I watch out for poison ivy also, i get it real bad.
Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

I shave my legs ( cyclist ) and I rarely get any ticks on me, much less than my playing partners. They seem to use leg hair and good jumping on point.

hammerTyme();
stop();

So I am vehemently against ticks, i guess who isn't. But after having to pull the occasional one off of my dog I have become quite paronoid. So normally because of this paranoia I don't go looking for my ball in the woods.

Well, if I hit it in the woods I'll definitely give it a quick look because (at the time) the stroke is more important than anything else. However, I hate spending a lot of time looking for balls period and I do worry about ticks, or even more so Poison Ivy. If it's heavily wooded I might just take a stab or two with a club.

I shave my legs

That's borderline too much information...

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

This is an appropriate thread...Just two weeks, I entered some fescue to look for my ball for a few minutes. I found it and hacked it out. A couple of holes later I look down at the back of leg, and there is a tick sitting there. I freak out. I flick it off and it lands on the floor of the cart. I then step on it (!) to no avail. I proceed to mash it with my Pro V1x. I think it's dead. Now, I am paranoid. What if I was bit, do I have Lyme disease, etc? I got home and googled Ticks, and thankfully I read about it needing to attach, suck the blood, get engorged, etc.

Hopefully I am now scared straight so that I won't have any errant shots

In all seriousness, anytime I am done searching for a ball, I look at my arms and legs to make sure nothing is sticking!

WITB: Driver: Titleist 910 D2 10.5 R / 5 Wood: r7 ti / Irons: Ping G15 Steel R (3-P, U), / Wedges: Vokey SM4 56/11 SM4 60/07 / Putter: Scotty GoLo 33" / Ball: Titleist Velocity / Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 4.0 / GPS: SG3

Now, I am paranoid. What if I was bit, do I have Lyme disease, etc? I got home and googled Ticks, and thankfully I read about it needing to attach, suck the blood, get engorged, etc.

As long as it didn't bury then I'm sure you're fine. However, if you continue to google "lyme disease symptoms" I have no doubt you will start to develop those symptoms

It is a serious problem though, just ask Brad Faxon. I always check all over after exiting the woods.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

I probably will keep with my normal routine. I am normally very thourough.

I went into this little barn to retrieve a nxt tour i spotted lodged in the broken roof. I'd guess thats where it found me.

In my Matrix XTT bag,
on my Sun Mountain Speed Cart
LD M-Speed 10.5* Driver
V18 full set of starter clubs
3W, 3iw, 4iw, 5-S Irons and Wedges Kirk Currie KC4 PutterHome Course:Pajaro Valley Golf Clubwww.pajarovalleygolf.com

This is an appropriate thread...Just two weeks, I entered some fescue to look for my ball for a few minutes. I found it and hacked it out. A couple of holes later I look down at the back of leg, and there is a tick sitting there. I freak out. I flick it off and it lands on the floor of the cart. I then step on it (!) to no avail. I proceed to mash it with my Pro V1x. I think it's dead. Now, I am paranoid. What if I was bit, do I have Lyme disease, etc? I got home and googled Ticks, and thankfully I read about it needing to attach, suck the blood, get engorged, etc.

If you could just flick it off your leg then you are totally fine. It usually takes a tick over 24 hours to feed and then inject the spirochetes into your blood system. Even if that happens you still have a chance it doesn't have lyme disease, and if it does if you catch it early you can get rid of it real quick with antibiotics. If you wait too long though it can really get very bad and hurt you and not go away for a long time.

Just about 2 weeks ago I was playing with 2 other guys and we were waiting on every tee to hit because of the group in front of us. As we were hitting our approach shots on the 7th one of the guys starts talking to me about how there is a million balls in the woods parallel to this hole, but there is a tall metal fence so you need to enter from the 8th tee. Sure enough on the 8th tee we are waiting to hit, and he asks me if I wanna go with him and go get some of the balls so I say sure. We walk into the deep woods for about a minute then come to this stone wall. Sure enough there are A MILLION GOLF BALLS! ALL AROUND! ENDLESS AMOUNTS! I was like wow you weren't kidding. So I filled my pockets with about 25 balls about half which were prov1s , and headed back to the 8th tee and filled my golf bag with new balls. Later that night before I go to sleep I remembered that I was in the woods so I checked myself for ticks. Sure enough there is one all the way up on the inside of my thigh, and is bitten into me. So I go to the bathroom take some tweezers and try to pull him out, but he was bitten in so after about 3 more tries I got him then killed him in a cup of alcohol. It is now 2 weeks later, and there are no red spots near the bite spot to be found, and I am fine!

in the bag

Driver: 909D2 9.5° Oban Devotion Shaft

3 Wood: G10 15.5°
Hybrid: 3dx RC 20° Ironwood 

4-PW: MP-57's S300

Wedges: 51° MP-T Black Nickel 56° Vokey Spin Milled 

Putter: Tracy II 35" Iomic Grip 

Ball: Pro V1x

I am so scared of ticks, but where i live Tick season is over, nothing to worry about. The ticks my dog gets sometimes they are soooo packed with blood they are silver. and the size of a jelly bean.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Hell I went into the fescue off the fairway a couple rounds ago to look for my ball and ran into a rattler. Id of taken a tick over that anyday. Now im like Steve Irwin when lookin for my ball.
Driver FT-3 9deg w/ Aldila NV 65-S
3wood Rescue 3 15deg
Irons R7 TP w/ Flighted Rifle 6.5
Wedges 48deg TA900, 53deg TA588, 58deg TA900
Putter 2 ball center shaftedBall NXT Tour

Note: This thread is 6143 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!