• Announcements

• iacas

Introducing TST "Clubs!"   08/28/2017

No, we're not getting into the equipment business, but we do have "clubs" here on TST now. Groups. Check them out here:
Sign in to follow this  
MLgolf

Cleveland 588 Satin 52-8 wedge

MLgolf    3

Up for sale is a 2012 Cleveland Forged 588 52-8 wedge with a KBS BLACK NICKEL shaft. The club plays 35.75 inches with standard loft and lie. The grip is a new Golf Pride BCT Full Cord. Excellent condition. Shipped USPS parcel post. Thanks

Sign in to follow this  

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2017 TST Partners

Talamore Golf Resort
    PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    Mission Belt
    Snell Golf
    PitchFix USA
    • I'm in a hotel in HK at 1:08am doing practice swings with the chair drill and a metronome just to get my tempo dialed in a bit. I should probably get some sleep for my early flight and factory visit right after lunch, but I can't fall asleep. . .
    • I don't think I've ever in my life been distracted by where someone was standing on the putting green.  I don't even have any distinct memories of knowing where anyone was standing while I was putting. I would probably object to someone waving their hand between my face and ball or peeing on my foot or something.
    • Welcome to TST! Good to hear you have the chance to increase your golf play. As for your clubs... Cobra F6 irons ended up in the Game Improvement category; given how far you hit the ball you should be OK with them. F6 reviews noted the irons have slightly different head designs up and down the line, to meet the demands of long irons vs. short irons. Cobra drivers and long clubs have a good reputation. I especially liked their FlyZ driver from a couple of years back, one of my top three favorites at the time. I play a FlyZ 4 hybrid, it's usually my go-to club for longer approaches and tight tee shots on evil short par 4s. Be aware that the Cobra long clubs have slightly heavier shafts than average; so if you're on the line between one flex and another, probably go with the gentler flex. But, test this out on the launch monitor and find out for sure. Note: Pick up a sand wedge if possible; doesn't have to be new, just decent grooves. As for winter lessons: if you can find an indoor lesson place with a good pro, you can get a jump on next year. Although hitting off of mats is not ideal, it's better than nothing. You can sense if the shot was a little fat on contact. If a golf shop is deserted on a winter's day, sometimes you can rent a half hour on the launch monitor and hit some balls. The shop can give you an idea of when hitting stall dead time will be. Where in Pennsylvania do you live? The head TST guy Erik operates out of Erie.
    • I'm not easily distracted and don't really care what people are doing while I am putting, but if I did I would prefer they be 30' back.  I don't understand people who get distracted by where people are standing, but I respect it and do my best not to let my lack of concern for these things effect them.   I was once standing around 20' or so behind someone who was lining up to a putt.  He took a few practice strokes and then stopped and angrily waved me to move.  (I didn't know him at all).  I don't see how I could have been in his line of site, but I said a simple "I'm sorry" and stayed far away from him any time it was his turn going forward.
    • Virtually nothing distracts me on the course. That gets me in trouble occasion, however. I forget that other people can, and do, get distracted, and I find myself doing somehting I shouldn't be doing while they're hitting (generally on the tee).  That being said, I could not care any less where they stand, as long as it isn't between me and the hole. ;) 
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. Nevsteve
      Nevsteve
      (58 years old)
    2. Pab4141
      Pab4141
      (24 years old)
    3. rdpoffenberger
      rdpoffenberger
      (32 years old)