IGNORED

2013 Valero Texas Open Thread (Beware - Spoilers)

Frank-0-Sport
Note: This thread is 4008 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I spent the weekend volunteering doing shot link. What a great view of the tournament. Sunday afternoon I got into a luxury box area right next to the pin. Front row view of some very exciting shots into the 18th green. That place was crazy. A ton of fans out there really cheering on their favorites. When Furyk made that eagle on the 18th that place was all roars during his 100 yard walk up to the green. It was a fun weekend. And it was nice to see the tourney from a tower on the greens.

In my bag:

Nike Mach Speed Black

Nike Dymo 3 wood

TaylorMade Burner 3 hybrid

Mizuno MP-53 PW-3

TaylorMade RAC 52, 56, 60

Odyssey Black Series Tour Design

Originally Posted by preisman

I spent the weekend volunteering doing shot link. What a great view of the tournament. Sunday afternoon I got into a luxury box area right next to the pin. Front row view of some very exciting shots into the 18th green. That place was crazy. A ton of fans out there really cheering on their favorites. When Furyk made that eagle on the 18th that place was all roars during his 100 yard walk up to the green. It was a fun weekend. And it was nice to see the tourney from a tower on the greens.

Nice to hear that one of our posters went. I've been to the Texas Open a couple of times back in the mid-90s when Estes won (Oak Hill?), and at La Cantera when Justin won (my apartment bordered the course - very convenient).

I miss living in San Antonio - loved the Spurs, the golf, and the food (and the Hispanic women).

Had the chance to play the course a few weeks ago. Absolutely beautiful, and incredibly difficult. TV didn't convey too well how deep some of the bunkers were.

I was fortunate enough to be the only one out on the course that day (just before noon on a Tuesday.) Beautiful day. Upper 60's and windy.

Note: This thread is 4008 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!