• Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
    Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Partners

Golfer's Journal
    ShotScope
    The Stack System
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct: Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package.

Coupon Codes (save 10-15%): "IACAS" for Mevo/Stack, "IACASPLUS" for Mevo+/Pro Package, and "THESANDTRAP" for ShotScope.
    • Day 46 (17 Jun 24) - Walked the front nine at Minnesott today, with trimmed down back (8 clubs: D, 3w, 4h, 6i, 8i, PW, 54* and Putter).  Knew it would be a challenge to "plan" approaches that the shorter clubs would cover.  Did okay - of the six pars made four were up and downs.  The 54* wedge had a solid day of hitting those infamous short pitches/chips I post about.  Most were within kick-in distance  a couple were in the 8' range.  Overall a 39 scored with three bogies and 0 doubles.  Love the challenge this brings - and to be honest - a lot less stressed as there are fewer options on the table (or in this case "in the bag").    
    • Been a while since posting so here's an update for today.  Grandson is at golf-camp this week which means I can walk the front nine while he's doing his thing.  Today I opted to play an eight club bag: Driver, 3w, 4h, 6i, 8i, PW, 54* and Putter.  Played from my regular tees and had a blast working the course.  Shot a solid 39 (three bogies, rest pars).  Of the six pars  - 4 were up and downs where the 54 came into play to put the ball in "kick-in" range.  I knew that by limiting the club selection, I would need to plan to play "short" to give me a good easy pitch into the flag.  Today was a good reminder of why the 5 S's are key to making soild gains in your game - here's the link to that thread:   
    • A newer 3 iron might do it and was kinda hoping Golf galx would let me try new irons. They steered me to a hybrid but I was really trying to do it with an iron.  prolly gonna ride with the 16* Adams hybrid for the summer and see if it will work. 230 off the tee was Impressive(wind assisted but still).  
    • One thing is clear; the only time anyone cares about the LIV guys is when they come over to the PGAT to do anything meaningful. Then they go back to peaceful slumber until it's time for the next major. Tell me BDC get's even 1% of yesterday excited about anything LIV and I say you are a LIVbot.  "You ain't running"  "Ain't nothin to chase, ain't nothing chasing me". 
    • Ass clown status? I have a lifetime exemption.

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...