IGNORED

2024 U.S. Open at Pinehurst

colin007

(edited)

This snuck up on me. Maybe it's because I've got daddy issues and never remember Father's Day ever since he told my mom that he didn't have the time to see me more often....

Let's go anyone but Scheffler! Or Brian Harman! Or....forget it, the list is too long.

(Grrr it won't let me capitalize "the" in the title)

Edited by colin007
Capitalization
  • Thumbs Up 1

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

10 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Let's go anyone but Scheffler!

Like who? The dude won on a tough set up with a cold putter. I mean, where do we go from here? They had to throw him in jail to keep him from winning one. No one has been on a run like this since 2007. It's like watching someone go to the office and clickity-clack away at the typewriter over and over each day writing history and there ain't a thing anyone can do about it. 

Give it up y'all. He just too good.

Vishal S.

Go Scottie!

• Thumbs Up 1

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

A few clips of Scottie's trip to the slammer running around the net. I'm a bigger fan. A total superstar next door. Kentucky, is banned from golf. Like ALL golf. 😂

Like 'We ship to 49 states' banned..🤣

• Funny 2

Vishal S.

I think if Morikawa played a slight bit smarter he would have won at Memorial. I’m hoping he corrects those errors and wins this week.

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

18 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I think if Morikawa played a slight bit smarter he would have won at Memorial. I’m hoping he corrects those errors and wins this week.

I agree, his traj looked great that week. But when he's not on his swing gets wipey and he over cuts everything

8 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Like who? The dude won on a tough set up with a cold putter. I mean, where do we go from here? They had to throw him in jail to keep him from winning one. No one has been on a run like this since 2007. It's like watching someone go to the office and clickity-clack away at the typewriter over and over each day writing history and there ain't a thing anyone can do about it. 

Give it up y'all. He just too good.

Lol I always pull for Rors. My reasons are purely hateful and personal and spiteful, what else is new haha

• Funny 2

Colin P.

9 minutes ago, colin007 said:

I agree, his traj looked great that week. But when he's not on his swing gets wipey and he over cuts everything

Lol I always pull for Rors. My reasons are purely hateful and personal and spiteful, what else is new haha

Love Rory too, but he's just too knotted up. Maybe the life change will free him up.

• Thumbs Up 1

Vishal S.

• iacas changed the title to 2024 U.S. Open at Pinehurst
  • Administrator
13 hours ago, colin007 said:

(Grrr it won't let me capitalize "the" in the title)

Good, there shouldn't be a "the." 🙂

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Even the forum software knows it’s not “The Open”. 😀

I like these eastern locations. With only six hours time difference the broadcast is on in the evening and usually done around midnight.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Greens are hard and fast. Can make for an entertaining tournament.

“It depends how severe the USGA wants to make this and how close they want to get us up to those sides [of the edge of greens with pin placements],’’ Woods said. “But I foresee just like in ’05 watching some of the guys play pingpong back and forth. It could happen.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

2 hours ago, Zeph said:

Greens are hard and fast. Can make for an entertaining tournament.

Donald Ross be like...

Plotting The Simpsons GIF

• Funny 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Sure doesn't look like much from the tee, but the 9th will sure take it's toll in the next four days....

DSCN4852a.jpg

• Administrator

Erik Compton, a two-time heart-transplant recipient, was the feel-good story 10 years ago at Pinehurst. But in the decade since, that story has taken an unfortunate twist
  • Thumbs Up 4

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 hours ago, guitarget said:

Sure doesn't look like much from the tee, but the 9th will sure take it's toll in the next four days....

DSCN4852a.jpg

Looks alot  like those  "native areas" a few  years  back that were supposed to be tough but ended  up being  just another fairway shot  unless you were  very  unlucky and  got right  behind a tuft  of  grass. I  predict  -15 for the win. Someone will be  -8 at the end  of the day tomorrow.

Same dumb schtick since joining.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, jxdama said:

Looks alot  like those  "native areas" a few  years  back that were supposed to be tough but ended  up being  just another fairway shot  unless you were  very  unlucky and  got right  behind a tuft  of  grass.

There's more grass in them now than shortly after the renovation. It grows over time.

5 minutes ago, jxdama said:

I  predict  -15 for the win. Someone will be  -8 at the end  of the day tomorrow.

Cool. Here's the deal we'll make you. If you're right, we'll remove your restrictions. If you're wrong, you'll never again be permitted to whine about how "easy" a golf course played (particularly given that you wouldn't likely break 90 at it), and if you do, you're gone forever.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Funny 2

I am not sure how much rain they got recently, but it is going to be in the low to mid 90's at Pinehurst, and SUNNY!. That course is going to be firm fast and probably very difficult. It will probably get more difficult into the weekend. I suspect a lot of close tee shots end up in the waste land area, and the greens are going to be brutal. This will not be a soft course. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator