IGNORED

My Pro Golfer Story

BayouBomber
Note: This thread is 3940 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It was 2001 and I was a young fella.  I grew up on a golf course my whole life so I was familiar with the sport.  My dad had asked me if I wanted to go to the Compaq Classic of New Orleans.  FWIW, it is now known as the Zurich Classic.  We ended up going on that Friday and following David Toms (home town fav. from LSU) and Phil Mickelson (biggest name in tourney).  Somewhere on the back nine, we were around the green and watched Phil tap in and proceed to walk to the next hole.  My dad told me to go up and try to get a high five.  I ran up to the rope where Phil had to walk by to get to the next hole and proceeded to stick my hand out and say "Hey Phil!" (was probably more of a mumble LOL).  As Phil approached, he stuck his hand in his pocket and tossed me the ball he had been playing with.  Needless to say, I had a smile on my face for days. More or less, that single action is what got me hooked on golf.  Haven't looked back since.

Let's hear your stories; whether it be playing a full round with a pro or just knocking back a few cold ones.

Here are some pictures of the ball.

Note: This thread is 3940 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!