IGNORED

Pros Complaining about the British Open Course

NBCgolfer
Note: This thread is 3925 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

They are all playing the same course, so I have no sympathy for anyone complaining. The total score of the US Open winner was +1, but I didn't see anyone complaining there. Yes, it is a different and tougher course, and the winds turn a bad day into a horrible day, but that's golf. Take it or leave it.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Then you weren't paying attention. Those guys were whining like babies about Merion Golf Club. I do agree with you though, everyone plays the same course, they need to get over it. I do suppose the morning vs afternoon grouping may have something to bicker about, but those morning guys just need to shoot better the day before.

I like that there's complaining and whining, that there struggling out there like the rest of us, or just me LOL. There struggles are light years from mine, but there human and when there frustrated?, well they get upset just like us. I do love how they contain there composer!, i learn a lot from that and still learning.

I love it. I hate when people complain at my local course about some holes have higher rough then other holes. Thats part of golf. They have no reason to complain. Its not like someone is 4 or 5 putting a green or its so fast a ball wont stop till its in the high stuff. Its amazing hardly anyone complains thats in the top 10. They might say one hole was a little tough with placement or drying out. But they all play the exact same course, I like seeing them struggle for par then go out and shoot low 60s.

Driver: :tmade: R11S (9 degree)
Woods: :tmade: R11 3 (15.5 degree) & 5 (19 degree)
Irons: :tmade: R11 4-AW
Wedges: :tmade: ATV 54 & 60 degree
Putter: :scotty_cameron: 2012 Newport 2
Ball: :titleist: ProV1
Rangefinder: :bushnell: Tour V2

Originally Posted by Billmc

I like that there's complaining and whining, that there (they're) struggling out there like the rest of us, or just me LOL. There (Their) struggles are light years from mine, but there (they're) human and when there (they're) frustrated?, well they get upset just like us. I do love how they contain there (their) composer (composure)!, i learn a lot from that and still learning.

I like that a few times each year the pros have to play courses where they actually have to work a bit to earn their position.  I'm not so fond of the whiny babies who have to gripe about it.

(sorry about the grammar correction, but that just drives me nuts )

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think that's just part of the game of Golf, complaining lol. We really have no one else to blame for our golf game but our self. So we chose to blame the course,the noise, the birds etc LOL Its the golfer vs the ball!.

Muirfield Golf Links is a challenging course, but does it deserve the tough love these pros are giving it? I heard Lee Trevino talking about how those guys will complain about the British Open and US Open course toughness. However, Trevino mentioned they never talk down about Augusta National out of fear. Should the pros quit their belly-aching or do they have a legit leg to stand on?

Sorry to get in so late on this one. I think that the reason that most pros don't complain about pin placement at Augusta is because while the greens are incredibly fast the pins are often in locations that if you place your ball correctly it will funnel to the hole rather than away. It seemed that in the Open Championship some of the pins were literally on a mound, there were some putts that I saw where the player putting uphill and run it past the hole to leave himself an uphill putt???? I also think that since The Masters is played at the same venue each year players are able to learn the breaks and where not to miss over the years. Plus they're probably afraid that the "Grand Wizard Billy" will have them put on a hit list :) I will say that I loved the way that Poulter praised the course after his final round.

Note: This thread is 3925 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!