IGNORED

Cleaning Irons: Brass wheel on drill

Note: This thread is 3921 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I used to work in a pros hop and I loved refurbishing golf clubs It all depends on the head composition as to what extent of work your clubs can handle, forged - very little, just a cloth buffing wheel and some polishing soap worked very lightly on the buffing wheel. If they are are stainless you can use a redibrite wheel to cut out the main scratches and then the polishing wheel to bring them up,to a shine Not sure where you can the stuff over there, maybe if you know your pro well enough you can ask him Good luck :)

Ping G25 Driver 8.5 deg TFC 189 s flex Golf Pride Tour Velvet Titleist 904F 15 deg Fujikura Speeder s flex Golf Pride Tour Velvet Callaway X14 Pro head 2 iron Rifle (s) Golf Pride Tour Velvet Mizuno MP30 3 iron to PW Nippon NS Pro 1050 (s) Golf Pride Tour Velvet Callaway X14 SW 56 deg Rifle (s) Golf Pride Tour Velvet Cleveland 588 60deg bent 3 weak Ping Anser 4 Isopur2 with so much lead it's obscene! Mizuno Aerolite X Samurai Bag Titliest Pro VX 1[SIZE=1]Ping G25 Driver 8.5 deg Titleist 904F 15 deg Fujikura Callaway X14 Pro head 2 iron Rifle (s) Mizuno MP30 3 iron to PW Nippon NS Pro 1050 (s) Callaway X14 SW 56 deg Rifle (s) Cleveland 588 60deg bent 3 weak, beaten up and real ugly Ping Anser 4 Isopur2 with so much lead it's obscene Mizuno Aerolite X Limited Edition Samurai Bag Titliest Pro VX 1

Sponge with a plastic scouring pad on one side, retired from dish washing duty.   Rough side for clubhead and grip, soft sponge side for shafts, all with a little Dawn or Ivory bar soap under a running faucet.

My RTGs I just let rust.   Rust is good. :)

Many modern clubs though you would not want to use even a bronze brush or buffer on, such as the back of the club which can have aluminum or softer materials on it.  The only ones like that I own are Cleveland TA5s, that have a sticker in the cavity that is prone to damage.

I wouldn't use a brass wheel even on my old chromed clubs.   Won't it dull the shine?

Carry Bag, experimental mix-- 9* Integra 320, TT X100 Gold shaft
MacGregor Tourney 2-iron circa 1979

High grass club: #5 Ginty
Irons: 3,4,8,9 Cleveland 588P RTG Proforce 95 Gold shafts
Hogan fifty-three Hogan 5612

Ping Kushin

I draw a line on my ball with a marker, as a result i have these black ink spots on my irons..

any way to remove these without too much damage>

Originally Posted by vmsea

I draw a line on my ball with a marker, as a result i have these black ink spots on my irons..

any way to remove these without too much damage>

Tell you what I use for tar on the car, sharpie marker ink and so on.   WD-40.   Not so hot as a lubricant, but as a solvent or water repellant, A-1!

BTW, those marks are good because they tell you where on the face you are making contact!

Carry Bag, experimental mix-- 9* Integra 320, TT X100 Gold shaft
MacGregor Tourney 2-iron circa 1979

High grass club: #5 Ginty
Irons: 3,4,8,9 Cleveland 588P RTG Proforce 95 Gold shafts
Hogan fifty-three Hogan 5612

Ping Kushin

Note: This thread is 3921 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!