IGNORED

High School Golfer in Colorado

Pretzel
Note: This thread is 4066 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello,

I've been reading some of the articles and forums on this site for a while and found some pretty helpful stuff (most notably the free version of the golfshot app I'm waiting to try out) so I figured I'd try joining. As a junior in high school I just made it this year as the #6 man on our high school varsity team that usually goes to and competes at the state competition. Unfortunately four of our top five players are seniors and I am the only one after them that can shoot in the 70's, but we have one freshmen this year that made the #2 spot and we can only hope for more.

Some of the things that I enjoy to do are golfing (obviously), working with my horse and browsing various golf websites or magazines. Some of my favorite types of courses are the ones where you can't hit driver off of every tee and really make you think hard about your different shots. My least favorite are probably the ones that are just overly long (Heritage at Westmoor comes to mind as a tournament location and former US Open qualifier course at 7450 yards). My largest pet peeve on the course has to be a tie between people not fixing ball marks and recently sanded greens, due to their effect on the lines of your putts and the fact that sanded greens force you to clean your ball after each stroke. Some of my favorite things are when I either strike an iron shot perfectly or when I hit a putt on the perfect line and watch it trickle down into the hole.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4066 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!