IGNORED

well just my luck....have to quit for a while

champ198
Note: This thread is 3877 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

well came into some money issues and regretfully I had to sell my really nice set of callaways. so I'm goin to have to take a break for a while....hated to have to do it but didnt have a lot of choices. so hopefully next year about spring time ill be able to get back on the course again

That sucks... hopefully you'll get things straightened out soon and you can get back onto the course.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Find yourself one cheap club and keep the swing up for a while until you wait to buy a new set. Keep the muscle memory up. Maybe a $3 pack of foam balls just to practice contact.

Golf can be as affordable as you make it. I would save up $3 in change and play the local rinky-dink par 3 before I gave it up. Until July of this year I was using old Armour 845s I paid $37 for. I can be done on a tight budget, hang in there. When times are tough you will need an outlet to burn frustration. Best wishes.

Dave :-)

Some valid points here, you can still play even though you don't have your expensive clubs anymore. Even just a couple of clubs and hitting the range to work on your swing will be helpful.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

There's barely any new clubs in my current set. One hybrid a 3 wood and the putter. Everything else is good used gear. I estimate I have spent only £600 in 7 years. I guess that maybe about 1000 dollars in your money. Golf can be done on a budget and I like the idea of playing on a short course. Keep your short game touch you can always find your long game when you get through your difficulties. Hope it works out for you it can definitely be a real struggle making ends meet, I can certainly relate to that.

"Repetition is the chariot of genius"

Driver: BENROSS VX PROTO 10.5
Woods: BENROSS QUAD SPEED FAIRWAY 15"
Hybrids:BENROSS 3G 17" BENROSSV5 Escape 20"
Irons: :wilson: DEEP RED Fluid Feel  4-SW
Putter: BENROSS PURE RED
Balls: :wilsonstaff:  Ti DNA

kinda thinking of maybe going to golf smith and look around the used rack to find a cheap set maybe till next year just not sure yet winter is getting close and it is a really busy time of year for me so might just wait till next spring to try and do anything

I'd look on craigslist first. It's the end of the season and people with cheap clubs will be looking to get rid of them. If you lived in CO I'd give you an iron set. I have 5 sets of Tommy Armour 845s on craigslist right now, all have near new Winn DriTac's and I haven't had a nibble at $40 a set. I've got more money in the grips than I spent on the irons. I played all of them at various times through 2013 all do the job.

Dave :-)

kinda thinking of maybe going to golf smith and look around the used rack to find a cheap set maybe till next year just not sure yet

winter is getting close and it is a really busy time of year for me so might just wait till next spring to try and do anything

Stay away from Golfsmith for used gear.  They don't give you much if you sell used clubs to them and they way overcharge if you buy.

Hate to hear it.  A pitching wedge and a BirdieBall or Almost Golf Ball or some other practice ball and your neighborhood park should keep your swing sharp.

FWIW, while I don't have money problems, I have time problems (self employed with a wife who enjoys being around me and two very young children).  I don't get to play a lot of rounds (2-4 times a month), but I do a lot of practice behind my house and I find it very rewarding and enjoyable.  Make some sort of game or challenge for yourself and get after it.  Best of luck to you.

Note: This thread is 3877 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!