IGNORED

1st Time Under Par!!!!!!!!!

MEfree
Note: This thread is 3832 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Thanks for all the pats on the back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nutter

(edited)

No point getting into it with someone like this

I know I should follow your lead Nutter but

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil McGleno

Shooting under par from 5500 yards on a course rated less than 65 with 113 Slope gets nine exclamation points? Congratulations! Be sure to start a thread the next time you hole a five foot putt.

That's the beauty of golf Phil- I can be totally pumped about shooting 2.2 over the course rating, another guy can be proud to break 90 for the first time where you, as an internet advertised +3, would have to shoot 57 to be just as happy with your round.  With 30 years teaching experience, I am surprised that you don't realize that different players have different standards as to what they consider a very good round for them.

You said you were looking for the next big thing- anytime you want to come up to CO, let's put a wager on you shooting 57 or better for 18 holes at Copper Creek.  You told me you are not the real Mac O'Grady, so as long as you are not a current/former tour player, I'll even give you odds and agree to cover all your expenses if you do it.  (If you are a tour player, I'll still make the wager with you, but can't give you odds, etc).  Or better yet, why don't we randomly pick a handful of your current students- you give me $___ for each shot they shoot over 67 and I will give you the same for each shot they shoot under 67.

I was pumped when I shot 3.6 over the course rating, and I wasn't even under par.  I've been under par twice for 9 holes, never for 18.  Holding a round together for 18 holes, especially when you know that you are headed for a great round, is an accomplishment, and you can be justifiably proud of it.  What Mr. McGleno thinks in his imaginary ivory tower is irrelevant. :-P

Here's to all of the great rounds higher than the course rating that any of us ever shoots. :beer:

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

BTW the odds appear to be about 121:1. That's for a tournament, of course, so perhaps as low as 100:1.

Thanks for computing this- seems about right as it has been at least 100 rounds since I posted an index of 2.2.  I think my next best index this season was a 4.0 in the final round of the Club Championship.

No tournament pressure but I was told by one of the guys who works at the course that the pins were going to be relatively easy and I figured that the guys I was playing with were not going to play the tips.  I have been swinging well recently.  This meant that I looked at this as a good (and final for the season) chance to break par, so I approached things that way from the start and made sure to hole putts on all 18 holes.  The only thing that was less than ideal for good scoring was the gusty wind that kept shifting around.

:mizuno: MP-52 5-PW, :cobra: King Snake 4 i 
:tmade: R11 Driver, 3 W & 5 W, :vokey: 52, 56 & 60 wedges
:seemore: putter

• Administrator

Thanks for computing this- seems about right as it has been at least 100 rounds since I posted an index of 2.2.  I think my next best index this season was a 4.0 in the final round of the Club Championship.

Can't take the credit: http://www.usga.org/playing/handicaps/understanding_handicap/articles/deanstable.html .

Good job.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Matt - great job! Regardless of the difficulty of the course, sounds like you played one of your best rounds (if not best) and that's a great way to end the season. Par is par! (Ignore the bum giving you a hard time. From reading some of his other posts, he is obviously a pretty unhappy guy)

Note: This thread is 3832 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!