IGNORED

Thoughts on this beginners golf book?

Guest ShadowXOR
Note: This thread is 6100 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Guest ShadowXOR
http://www.amazon.com/Golf-Eyewitnes...7514417&sr;=1-1

I am just learning golf and I'm new to virtually every aspect of the game (except for the basic rules). I'm looking for a good book that has some nice reading as well as a lot of visuals! This book looks really fantastic and I checked it out at a store. I was just curious if anyone has read it and how many tips on how to actually play the game it gives. Any suggestions on other (visual) books?

Guest ShadowXOR
Well it seems like a good primer into the game as a whole so I went ahead and got it. Only $10 (including shipping) from Amazon...how could I say no.

I have this book, got it when I started, good material. 1/4 goes over the history, 1.4 goes over the equipment (maybe about 2 yr. old clubs) and the remaining pages on techniques. Good price for the glossy color pages. Try your local library and catch up on past issues of Golf Magazine or Golf Digest for their quick tips sections.
In my Viper by Hippo Golf stand bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore 10.5° Fujikara reg. flex
Woods: 3- MacGregor NVG2 Fujikara reg. flex
Hybrids: 3 & 4-Taylor Made Rescue Mid
Irons: Titleist 775.cb w/Graphite Shafts (5-GW)Wedges: Cleveland 588 Tour Action SW & 60° lob Putter: Taylor Made Monza...

Guest ShadowXOR
I have this book, got it when I started, good material. 1/4 goes over the history, 1.4 goes over the equipment (maybe about 2 yr. old clubs) and the remaining pages on techniques. Good price for the glossy color pages. Try your local library and catch up on past issues of Golf Magazine or Golf Digest for their quick tips sections.

I subscribed to Golf Digest and I figure they only have so many tips so they will probably be recycled over time in the issues I'm getting, right?

I subscribed to Golf Digest and I figure they only have so many tips so they will probably be recycled over time in the issues I'm getting, right?

Actually the tips from the various pros and instructors are varied enough from the two years I've had subscriptions to both Digest and Magazine. Most of the lessons I use as refresher lessons on swings I've forgotten to keep practicing such as the slow takeaway and not to lag put.

In my Viper by Hippo Golf stand bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore 10.5° Fujikara reg. flex
Woods: 3- MacGregor NVG2 Fujikara reg. flex
Hybrids: 3 & 4-Taylor Made Rescue Mid
Irons: Titleist 775.cb w/Graphite Shafts (5-GW)Wedges: Cleveland 588 Tour Action SW & 60° lob Putter: Taylor Made Monza...

Note: This thread is 6100 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!