IGNORED

What do you do to get rid of the yips?

Tater32
Note: This thread is 6063 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I can't sink a putt inside 5 ft lately and its driving me crazy.

Anyone have any ideas on how to help with this problem?

The mental side of it?

"The golf swing is like sex. You can't be thinking about the mechanics of the act while you are performing." -Dave Hill

i cant really help u on the mental side, that has to do w/ practice and confidence... but i switched to the "cross-handed", or "left-hand-low" style to reduce the amount of wrist action in my putting stroke. it has helped alot and i have been using it for about 2-3 years

In My Bag
Driver: TaylorMade R11 9*

3-Wood: Ping Anser 14.5*
Hybrid: TaylorMade Superfast Burner 18*
Irons: Ping i20 PW - 4

Wedges: Ping Tour Pro Rusty 52*, 56*, 60*

Putter: Ping Anser

Balls: Titleist Pro-V1s

Sunglasses: Oakley Flak Jacket (golf specific)

Bag: Ping Hoofer

Course: Alliance Country Club

I have used two techniques in the past. The first one was when I broke the shaft of my putter over my knee. While it was being re-shafted I borrowed a putter from someone else and played well with it. Once my regular putter was out of the shop it had learned it's lesson. That is until the following year when I missed a 3 footer that would have won a hole for me and given me the lead in my match. I turned and side armed the putter towards my bag. Unfortunately it took a bad hop and went into the edge of a pond. I fished it out with my 3 iron and played on. Over the next 4 holes I only took 4 putts and made a 20 footer from the fringe.

Since then I have switched to my Scotty and have not thrown it too far or broken it once.

If these methods don't work, I would suggest setting two tees in the ground just slightly wider than your puter at about 3 feet from the hole. Roll in putt after putt until it becomes second nature. I won't quit until I make 10 in a row. Also, never leave the green on a miss. Bill Russell used to say that about basketball. He never left practice after a missed shot.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Note: This thread is 6063 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!