IGNORED

First 18 hole ever

TBennettGolf
Note: This thread is 3199 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

No, I've met Gilberg he jokes around, but is a pretty solid golfer. . .

Never said he wasn't. But he likes to yank our chains.

That's true, but who can tell what's real and what's the "yanking" part. You. . .never. . .know. . . :-D

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well sorry to disappoint some of you, as arrogant as that sounds, but yes I truly have shot an 87 twice within only two months of playing. I am in by no means cocky because I know there is a fine line between that and confidence. I know I'm good for a beginner, but I also know how fast I can pick things up that are sport related. I truly do need help with my attitude though which I think can come in time with maturity?

Well sorry to disappoint some of you, as arrogant as that sounds, but yes I truly have shot an 87 twice within only two months of playing. I am in by no means cocky because I know there is a fine line between that and confidence. I know I'm good for a beginner, but I also know how fast I can pick things up that are sport related. I truly do need help with my attitude though which I think can come in time with maturity?

Well, if that is all true, then you should post your swing. People can help you there with a lot of good advice. I find it hard to believe that without keeping your head steady, you are playing that well already, but it is probably all a matter of degree. Post your swing.

If you do actually have the talent, you wouldn't need to post this. The only real reason to post it is to brag about it, and if you really did it there would be enough people already telling you that it's great in real life.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

No, I came to this forum for advice and that's the reason why I signed up. Not to brag and gloat about myself because that's not who I am if you actually knew me other than from seeing my words from a computer screen.

No, I came to this forum for advice and that's the reason why I signed up. Not to brag and gloat about myself because that's not who I am if you actually knew me other than from seeing my words from a computer screen.

Many of the golfers here are struggling to shoot 87, and have played for years. If someone else posted what you did, what would be your initial reaction? Keep in mind that shooting 87 takes roughly a 14-15 handicap level. Look at how many players on this forum shoot at this level.

As far as being believable, sure. If you have the talent, why not?

Now, as far as asking for help, you seem to think you know what to fix in the following passage:

Today was my second time at an 18 and I shot an 87 again. Par 71, I did absolutely horrendous on my front 9 (+12) because I kept lifting up my god damn head which led to not making true contact. Although this was my first time not golfing since last Sunday, which in my hopeful defense, through off my game a little. Then on the back 9 I was only +4. I took a 10 minute break after the front 9 to recollect my thoughts and shake the bad shots off. As I stated before in previous posts that my driver is not my strong suit, so instead of teeing off with my driver I used a 3Wood to hit straighter shots and to try to make it in the fairway. For the most part my tee shots were anywhere from 250 to 270 and I had one that rolled to about 285. I'm still only 2 months into the game and I know for a fact an 87 is not bad at all, especially being consistent with it two times in a row. A few things I need to work on is my terrible grip and my awful attitude when I hit a bad shot. Any advice is appreciated SandTrappers, thanks!

Your driver is not your strong point, yet you still drive 250-270 yards and had one roll out to 285? What can we help you fix here? Because you already fixed it by using your 3W, and being able to drive more than 250 gives you the ability to shoot scratch:

Today was my second time at an 18 and I shot an 87 again. Par 71, I did absolutely horrendous on my front 9 (+12) because I kept lifting up my god damn head which led to not making true contact. Although this was my first time not golfing since last Sunday, which in my hopeful defense, through off my game a little. Then on the back 9 I was only +4. I took a 10 minute break after the front 9 to recollect my thoughts and shake the bad shots off. As I stated before in previous posts that my driver is not my strong suit, so instead of teeing off with my driver I used a 3Wood to hit straighter shots and to try to make it in the fairway. For the most part my tee shots were anywhere from 250 to 270 and I had one that rolled to about 285. I'm still only 2 months into the game and I know for a fact an 87 is not bad at all, especially being consistent with it two times in a row. A few things I need to work on is my terrible grip and my awful attitude when I hit a bad shot. Any advice is appreciated SandTrappers, thanks!

You can find stuff on grips here :

A few things I need to work on is my terrible grip and my awful attitude when I hit a bad shot. Any advice is appreciated SandTrappers, thanks!

Not sure what you are trying to say here, other than with a good attitude that you can do so much better?

In short, there is not a lot of the text that indicates a need for help except the "terrible grips" part. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Post your swing. It is easy. You must have a smartphone at 22, this should be no problem for you. I am sure that once people here can get a solid idea of where you are at, they can help you with advice and you can advance even faster. It would also quickly shut up the doubters and demonstrate that you are serious. Why should anybody believe your claims without evidence? I mean believe it enough to spend time thinking about your questions and responding thoughtfully? If you aren't here to brag or gloat, then you certainly want honest feedback.

If you are one putting just about everything from six to eight feet and in, that is very impressive,  especially if this is a new course for you. Maybe you could give us pointers?

Lots of guys come on here asking if it is better to smash their drives 330, or ease up a little and drive them straighter at 300 yards. Sure, whatever.

Note: This thread is 3199 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!