IGNORED

2018-2023 domestic stocks?

jkelley9
Note: This thread is 2298 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My 401k did quite well last year, over 22% return in a moderately risky group since I just turned 30. 

My wife and I are holding onto quite a bit of cash and while the market is looking strong and people say "buy low, sell high" they also say "don't just wait for it to be low, you could spend years and lose out on returns on the way."

I'm looking to put a decent chunk of money in for the long term. If the market goes down, I'll just hope it can recover in 2-5 years and even itself out, and start gaining at from there. 

With the new tax policy and other political shake-ups, I'm wondering what folks' opinions are on the near-long run (next 2-5 years) state of the market. Do you really think we'll see some good growth as a result of recent policies? I'm thinking of maybe just putting our money into a good chunk of blue chip stock and hoping they pay some dividends on their returns. 

The only bubbles I hear about often now are cryptocurrencies, but I don't think that could have too much reach/roots on the rest of the market?

I think the first thing we'll do is max out Roth IRAs for 2017 for both of us since we didn't contribute to them at all this year. The money leftover, including this year's bonus, I'd like to put into our TD Ameritrade account. Whether they be index funds, or a handful of blue chip stocks, or whatever.

Any investments we do I'd like to be at least fairly liquid (say, money in hand in < 30 days if we had some monstrous emergency). Nothing like real-estate or other non-liquids.

Thoughts?

D: :tmade: R1 Stiff @ 10* 3W: :tmade: AeroBurner TP 15* 2H: :adams: Super 9031 18* 3-SW: :tmade: R9 Stiff P: :titleist: :scotty_cameron: Futura X7M 35"

Ball: Whatever. Something soft. Kirklands Signature are pretty schweeeet at the moment!

Bag: :sunmountain: C130 Cart Bag Push Cart: :sunmountain: Micro Cart Sport

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2298 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!