• Announcements

• Welcome to the New Site!   09/30/2015

Welcome to the brand new TST! Click the title of this announcement to read more about what's new and different here at The Sand Trap!       We're using some new software to power this forum, and while this means some change, it's for the better. However, there will be a few bumps, and one of those may be that you may have a little trouble logging in to your account. So try this: Log in with your existing username and password.If that fails, reset your password here: http://thesandtrap.com/lostpassword/ .If that fails, PM either @mvmac or @iacas and we'll help you out.After that, check out this thread to share any bugs you find along with your likes/dislikes, and check out this thread to see what awesome new features you can use on this site. Finally, once you're on the site, do a few things if you don't mind: Check your account settings. This is where you can clean up your signature.Edit your profile (to possibly include your GAME Golf account). Do this by clicking "Edit Profile" on your name in the top right corner of the site.Add or replace the cover photo on your profile. They're now Facebook-like dimensions. Change your avatar if it looks distorted, too.
    • Failed Logins   10/06/2015

If you attempt to log in and can not, please email erik@thesandtrap.com or mike@thesandtrap.com (or both) to have your account password re-set. Thank you.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Its great to be back swinging the club again after an injury.

1 post in this topic

I'm sure others have also had to go through something similar to this, but I can say it feels great to be able to swing a club again after an injury. Today was the first time I tried swinging a club since Feb. of 2012 and I can't express in words how good it felt to be able to do so again. I somehow pinched a nerve in my upper back, not really sure how, and then aggravated it playing 18 holes about four days later in Feb. of 2012 during an unusually warm weekend in PA. By aggravating I mean I noticed a slight pain in my shoulder while swinging but nothing that I couldn't deal with at the time. The next day I had pain radiating down my left arm that was so servere I was concerned I had a blood clot or something similar. Went to my G.P. and he had me go to physical therapy for about two months after determining it wasn't something more. Two months of therapy reduced the pain to the point where I could function and think again, but certainly was not gone. That didn't occur for at least another two to three months afterwards. By far some of the most extreme pain I've ever experienced and to be honest I really didn't think I would be able to swing a club again. At its worst, the pain felt exactly like hitting one's funny bone on the elbow, not just a little where you feel a tingle, but where there is a lot of pain and you lose your breath. I had that feeling continually for three days. So today it was so beautiful here and I walked downstairs to the basement and saw my bag sitting there. I said to myself I need to try this again just to see if I can play, or if I'm done. So I went to the range and hit a bucket, very cautiously. I was obviously rusty and it took about 5-10 swings to begin to hit things close to normal again. Amazingly enough I didn't really have any pain and the bonus was I still hit a lot of really nice 5 yard draws, which became my normal shot shape before the injury, all the way down to my 3 iron. Don't get me wrong there were some real clunkers in there as well, but I honestly don't care at this point, I'm just happy to be able to play again. So my goal this season isn't to improve my handicap as much as it is just to be able to play golf again and enjoy my time on the course.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!