I have just finished my second round with the Garmin G6 after using a Skycaddie SGX for 4 years (since they first came out). My first impressions:
- the screen is smaller and a bit harder to read
- I like the touch screen a lot
- It is easier to find intermediate distances using the touch screen vs. the joystick
- It is smaller (good and bad)
- The scorecard feature is much weaker than the SGX, especially for tracking and downloading stats. Skycaddie has done a great job of adapting Oobgolf to its website for stat tracking and analysis
- I like not having a subscription
- Accuracy seems to be comparable between the two units.
I'll probably end up selling the SGX. Just received it back from the factory refurbished.
Mark in Colorado