IGNORED

2017 M2 shaft tip...is it supposed to look like this?

Note: This thread is 1838 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I hadn't really looked at it closely for a while but just today I noticed there was a gap where I didnt think there was one before. I remembered the 2 black parts being flush together and the few images I can find appear to be so. Did it shift downwards?

20190414_012909.jpg

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, cutchemist42 said:

I hadn't really looked at it closely for a while but just today I noticed there was a gap where I didnt think there was one before. I remembered the 2 black parts being flush together and the few images I can find appear to be so. Did it shift downwards?

20190414_012909.jpg

Is it loose? Can you spin the tip? It could be just the ferrule moving. But for drivers, the ferrule helps stabilize the tip. For irons, the ferrule doesn’t do much other than looks. A good golf shop can remove it and epoxy it back in place.

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

4 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Is it loose? Can you spin the tip? It could be just the ferrule moving. But for drivers, the ferrule helps stabilize the tip. For irons, the ferrule doesn’t do much other than looks. A good golf shop can remove it and epoxy it back in place.

I cant with my hand but I think I could with vice grips. Looking at it closely it looks like the tip went down from the ferrule. (Have now learned that term) it sort of does like dried glue residue in between the 2 pieces.

8 hours ago, cutchemist42 said:

I cant with my hand but I think I could with vice grips. Looking at it closely it looks like the tip went down from the ferrule. (Have now learned that term) it sort of does like dried glue residue in between the 2 pieces.

Bring it to a good golf shop. You don’t want to break it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

Bring it to a good golf shop. You don’t want to break it.

Took it to my Golftown. The guy jokingly said that I atleast had an excuse for bad hits as it had been likely twisting and coming out a bit on shots. He also said he hadn't seen this problem before on an M2.

• Thumbs Up 1

Note: This thread is 1838 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!