IGNORED

Do You Re-Grip an Edel Putter Ever?

Note: This thread is 1780 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi all,

I got fit for, and purchased, my Edel putter.  I was fit in late July 2015 and I guess it arrived shortly thereafter (I somehow didn't take pictures to put in the Edel fitting thread -- I'll get that oversight fixed later today).  I have been using it with the grip it was sent with.

Between today and last week, I re-gripped all 13 of my not-a-putter clubs.  Two of those clubs were a week ago, and I can definitely feel the difference between a new grip on my 6-iron and the grip on my putter.  Of course, I swing the 6-iron faster than I do my putter (even for the two 70' putts I faced last round).

So I have these questions:

• Do you re-grip an Edel putter, ever?
  • If so, do you get that done like any other club?  I would guess no.
  • Do you get that done by whoever fit you?  I don't know the specs for my grip on my putter, but maybe Edel or the fitter have that information filed away someplace?  The guy who fit me is now in Costa Mesa, which is an easy drive for me and is somewhere I'll likely be in the not-too-distant future anyway.  Alternately, the chain (Urban Golf Performance) has a location closer to me, which is where the fitter worked when I got fit four years ago.

My plan is that if I should get it re-gripped, and if about four years is the right time (and/or later than it should be) to get a new grip put on, I'll get that done sooner than later, but I want to get the right grip put on.  I figure something in the fitting told them to get that grip put on my putter for me. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You have a round grip on it, right?  Seems it wouldn't matter who regripped it so long as you got the same style and size so as not to affect your fitting.  That's my guess.

For me, I just don't play enough to worry about that kinda thing.  My clubs still have the grips from 2015 Newport Cup and work as good as ever and putter is still with original grip also with no signs of wear. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Yep, the round grip.  Thanks @Golfingdad -- every part of the second paragraph is great to hear, except that you aren't playing enough lately (although I certainly have long periods where that's the case for me as well).  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• iacas changed the title to Do You Re-Grip an Edel Putter Ever?
  • Administrator

I have. The new grips are a bit heavier, though. 20 grams or so? You can order some of the old ones if you like those, too, though.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 1780 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!